Apr 20, 2024, 04:55 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

i am a Timedad and these are my previous builds

Started by i am a timedad, Jul 25, 2013, 12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

i am a timedad

So I will hopefully begin my first TARDIS build diary soon. Finding time is the worst part (cause I don't have it built yet to get more).
My first TARDIS I built was a box for holding cards at my graduation party back...a long time ago...hopefully Mom has some pictures I can dig up.
here are some smaller models I built for my daughter.
worktardis.jpg
this was the first one I built for her as quick as I could. It's made from a piece of a carboard toilet paper roll and an eraser on top, it's the paint job that really sells it though. It is now my work TARDIS and sits atop my cubicle wall.
Munny-Doctor-with-Tardis.jpg
This was a Munny we bought to paint and depending on the accessory we would decide how to paint it, the accessory was the hat. My daughter thought it looked like the Tom Baker Doctor's hat so we painted it like him and made the box into a TARDIS for him. I know it's hard to tell but the Dalek is pieced together from found things too.
cbtardisf.jpgcbtardis.jpg
This is the TARDIS I built for her when she wanted one she could play in. 2 day build, setting on end taping, painting, fine letter working, don't know if you can tell but the wording is a little customized on the sign. exhausting build ;D She has since outgrown it, so I have started a new build.
I'd rather be a Dad than a Lord of anything.

galacticprobe

Jul 25, 2013, 03:59 pm #1 Last Edit: Jul 25, 2013, 03:59 pm by galacticprobe
Now those are very cool! (Fridge box TARDIS?)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

i am a timedad

Quote from: galacticprobe on Jul 25, 2013, 03:59 pm
(Fridge box TARDIS?)

Dino.

I wish! It would have lasted longer (who'm I kidding, I wanted to start this new build as much as her.
I think it was the box her slide from her swingset came in.

DoctorWho8

i am a timedad

That was inspirational Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff! (I probably don't have to write that all out but it sounds so cool) I'm not sure everyone knows exactly what it takes to do something like that. Many on this site maybe. Being able to see something entirely different in an object than it was intended for.
That is something I've honed my skills on since it is hard to find exactly what you need sometimes.
I think that shows in the recent post to my build and my K9 I'll be posting soon, if can ever get a chance today.