Apr 20, 2024, 08:18 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

An Adventure in Space and Time Console Room

Started by madgaz, Jul 04, 2013, 09:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorWho8

So are you one of the prop builders or one of the handlers, good sir?
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

monstro

I didn't fabricate this particular prop, but I prepped it for Comicon and installed it there and in the DWE. I usually work on production sorting the practical electronics. I was just nosing around the forums (as one does...it's a great repository of knowledge and research, doncha know...) and thought I'd answer a couple of (non sensitive) questions.

fivefingeredstyre

Well, Thanks for your work in setting it up in Cardiff. I cannot wait to see this when I visit the DWE in September... :)

DoctorWho8

Well thanks for coming forward, monstro, for the insight into this recreation.  BTW, do you know of where the other set walls went too?  Did Mark Gatiss take a couple for himself? ;)
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

monstro

Now that, I don't know...but when it comes to set elements that aren't saved for exhibition, I'm afraid the general course of events is re-use/cannibalisation/skipping...

silverfox

I was lucky enough to visit the exhibition on Monday and this console really was the star of the show for me.

I took some shots to share (some with flash, some without) to contribute to the archive.
I also took a little video if I can work out how to upload it or where to host it...

astconsole001_zps15a5194b.jpg

astconsole002_zpsf9078269.jpg

astconsole003_zps1047b5a3.jpg

astconsole004_zps53a88570.jpg

astconsole005_zps956a7bfc.jpg

astconsole006_zpse55498a2.jpg

silverfox

now that I know those worked - I'll post some more...

astconsole007_zpse3b748f6.jpg

astconsole008_zps64923b7f.jpg

astconsole009_zps76c8e9c3.jpg

astconsole010_zpsb96688d0.jpg

astconsole011_zpsafaa681e.jpg

astconsole012_zps231ff25a.jpg

silverfox

Mark

Nice work Silverfox, thanks for sharing.

These various shared pictures of all the DWE consoles and TARDIS exteriors that nice folk have put on these pages do a great job of satisfying my hunger for TARDIS stuff until I get chance to go to Cardif myself!

Thanks to all

Kingpin

Some of those non-flash shots look like they could've come straight off the set back in 1963.  Nice collection. :)

kert gantry

Fantastic pictures, thanks.

Hadn't noticed that service hatch in the plinth before, or the Time Column flags being in their post Season One configuration. 

galacticprobe

Sep 12, 2013, 05:02 am #56 Last Edit: Sep 12, 2013, 05:08 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: kert gantry on Sep 11, 2013, 09:02 pm
Hadn't noticed that service hatch in the plinth before, or the Time Column flags being in their post Season One configuration.

There are other elements of the console that are post-Season One, no doubt because for the docudrama they carried things into the Troughton era (hence them getting a Troughton look-alike as well as look-alikes for other original cast members).

Quote from: silverfox on Sep 11, 2013, 09:29 am
I also took a little video if I can work out how to upload it or where to host it...

Silverfox, those are great photos, indeed! And if you can upload the video to Youtube, you can paste the Youtube link here, and if you put the link between Youtube tags - [ youtube ]Your Link Here[ /youtube ] - (remove the spaces between the brackets of the "youtube" and "/youtube" parts for the tags to work) it will display in a small Youtube window that people can play from the Forum. (I hope this helps.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Rassilons Rod

I love how the green is so different with different lighting conditions. Just like the original :-)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Kingpin

Some new shots from the official trailer:

nqj2.jpg
kpn0.jpg
t4jn.jpg
y70f.jpg
2nq8.jpg
owzr.jpg
f53s.jpg

galacticprobe

Nov 15, 2013, 03:22 am #59 Last Edit: Nov 15, 2013, 03:22 am by galacticprobe
Any word on the air date for this yet? (With my luck, it will be while I'm travelling. :P)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"