Apr 19, 2024, 11:09 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Ex's Consoles

Started by expendable, Jun 14, 2013, 03:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vale

No problem - it's not perfect but it's the best view I've ever found of the individual buttress members unobscured by the rest of the set.

galacticprobe

Oct 04, 2013, 05:01 am #46 Last Edit: Oct 04, 2013, 05:01 am by galacticprobe
Is it just my imagination, or does that scaffolding in Vale's "under construction" photo of the 2013 set bear a remarkable resemblance to the paddlewheel section of the Hartnell central column?

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

DoctorWho8

It does have the zig-zag effect like the central column internal structure, yes.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

δ³Σx²

I had a go at creating the arches a few months back, this is how mine turned out. Not quite sure whether they look 100% accurate but this is as close as I could get it.TARDISarch.jpg
Dum inter homines, sumus colamus humanitatem. Cum tacent clament.

expendable

Oct 09, 2013, 02:29 am #49 Last Edit: Oct 09, 2013, 03:44 am by expendable
Nice work!

I've been counting steps. From the floor to the first landing is five steps. Height of a step is 7 1/2 inches or 19.05 cm, so 37.5 inches or 95.25 cm. From the landing to the console platform is another five steps, so the top of the console platform is 6 feet 3 inches or 1.905 meters tall. Tread is 11 inches or 27.94 cm, so there's 55 inches or 1.397 meters between them.

There are eight steps between the console platform and the floor of the ring walkway, so it's rising 5 feet or 1.524 meters up from the platform and 7 feet 4 inches or 2.2352 meters between them.

Figure 80 1/4 inches or 2.04 meters for the top of the walkway arch, and we have a few more dimensions to work with. Sorry, this arch is taller. About 8 foot or 2.4 meters.

The various platforms look like slab, I'm going to say 9-10 inches or 22.86-25.4 cm thick. Since the side doors are located on the first landings, there's 8 feet 1-1/2 inches between the top of the landing and the top of the ring walkway floor. If we set the floor thickness at 9 inches and the inside door height at 80 1/4 inches, that leaves 8 1/4 inches or 20.955 cm space between the two.

Should the floor be thinner, do you think? Say, 6 inches or 15.24 cm? It may not look right for the platform though.

Vale

Quote from: expendable on Jul 12, 2013, 01:50 am
The Stain Glass Roundels I've wondered  about - was this just decoration? Additional lighting? Or were these intended to be some sort of display that changes to let you know the state of one or more systems?

Originally they were supposed to glow and pulse when the TARDIS was in flight - presumably in lieu of having a proper time rotor. Such a shame they never finished the room at all, even after they slashed the budget.

ThePuzzledBoy

It looks pretty good so far!

Can't wait to see more renders!

- Hunter
ThePuzzledboy - a cosplayer who needs his own TARDIS and console.....

expendable

Sorry, a bunch of minor emergencies have been taking up my attention. I'll be bring more renders when I can!

-Ex