Apr 12, 2021, 01:29 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

DSW 50th Anniversary Tribute Console- WIP

Started by phdmisunderstood, Jun 12, 2013, 07:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

phdmisunderstood

So in my small little corner of the interweb, and really for the the four people that watch my videos, I am planning a tribute script for the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who to celebrate its blah blah blah you've heard it all before- but what that means is I need to build a TARDIS- specifically the console (despite the fact it might end up only having three minutes of screen time).

The console I have in mind is something along the lines of Classic with a touch of modern- sturdy stained wood frame with a light whitewash coat, clear control panels each with a practical function backlit with wires and lights, and a stationary Rotor with pulsating lights to imitate it's otherwise capability to move up and down.

I have a basic layout as off now, but as i am not in anyway professional what I need the most help on is general dimensions, constructive ideas, input on how to construct it (how-to-do's and what-to-avoid's), how to build it storage-savvy, etc, etc. I'll probably post a rough drawing of my very "professional" designs soonish.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

DoctorWho8

There's a shed load of custom consoles around here (and even console rooms!).  Maybe someone who has one lives near you that you can borrow?
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

13drwho

I have built a console of my own with the goal of being done for the fiftieth anniversary. It took me a year and a half. You're going to need a lot of comitted people to build one in time for the anniversary if you're starting now.

You might be better off trying to find one you can barrow, or one that the owner will let you film in his/her garage. Sorry to be a downer, but it can take a lot of time to build a console. Whatever you decide I wish you luck, and look forward to seeing it

The Jason