Apr 27, 2024, 04:02 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Encyclopedia Gallifreya

Started by galacticprobe, Apr 30, 2013, 02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Jun 17, 2013, 07:12 am #30 Last Edit: Jun 17, 2013, 07:14 am by galacticprobe
Well it's been about a week so I'm guessing people have had some time to think about this latest rendition of the Encyclopedia Gallifreya label. If everyone is happy with it (I know I am, but I'm prejudiced) then I'll start cranking out labels for VOL. I through VOL. XII (especially for the lucky slob - as we used to say in The Bronx where I grew up - that managed to get hold of 12 of the clear bottles used for this prop).

If no one has any suggestions for further tweaks to it, I'll start creating the labels on Monday and hopefully start posting them on Tuesday. (I'll try to use spaces so I can post two across, and not end up with a post that's really long.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

galacticprobe

Jun 23, 2013, 06:20 am #31 Last Edit: Jun 23, 2013, 06:35 am by galacticprobe
Sorry this has taken me so long to get posted, but here they (finally!) are: ENCYCLOPEDIA GALLIFREYA VOLs. I through XII bottle labels! I'm putting a space between the labels so I can get two side by side and not have this post run down too far. Hopefully this won't have too much adverse impact on those viewing it on a handheld device (although I think you'd need a regular computer of sorts with a printer to print these). But here they are:

BottleLabel(VOL-01).JPG  BottleLabel(VOL-02).JPG

BottleLabel(VOL-03).JPG  BottleLabel(VOL-04).JPG

BottleLabel(VOL-05).JPG  BottleLabel(VOL-06).JPG

BottleLabel(VOL-07).JPG  BottleLabel(VOL-08).JPG

BottleLabel(VOL-09).JPG  BottleLabel(VOL-10).JPG

BottleLabel(VOL-11).JPG  BottleLabel(VOL-12).JPG

Since no one has indicated they have more than 12 of the clear IKEA bottles I've stopped at VOL. XII. (If someone does have more bottles please just let me know and I'll "up the volumes" to the number you need - within reason, that is; posting additional labels for up to 100 volumes would get rather insane! And if you do have that many bottles then I will hunt you down and tickle you to unconsciousness with a feather for wiping out the remaining stock of these bottles thereby making it nigh-on impossible for me to find the one I've got, and once you're unconscious I'll steal eleven of those bottles to complete my set! ;) ;D) The labels should fit the bottles nicely thanks to some great feedback from starcross, and some measuring of a bottle I managed to get my hands on.

Enjoy!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

dr photo

A big thank you for the efforts by all in getting the bottles identified & especially for the quality of labels produced - I was short of clear bottles but put up a wee shelf & assorted colour bottles which after removing the appalling wall colour will look very nice. A couple of pics for your interest. Shelf is part of an old organ. Cheers & beers Dr PhotoEG 6752lr.jpgEG 6755lr.jpg
Dr Photo.  Scientist - Photographer - Time Traveller

galacticprobe

Apr 13, 2014, 06:13 am #33 Last Edit: Apr 13, 2014, 06:16 am by galacticprobe
Now that is a beautiful collection! (And I love the labels. ;) ;D) The different color bottles actually look pretty good.

I should get off my duff and get my set made. The Evil One found some of these in the Ikea in Fredericksburg where she attends university and bought two sets - six bottles (it was all they had left before they discontinued them). She said she got them for me under the condition that she gets to keep one of the blue bottles. (Not a bad deal, especially since I had to give the loaner bottle I used to measure out the labels back to its owner.) So now I've got five volumes I can put on one of our library bookshelves. And the wife has this purple liquid cleaner (it comes in a spray bottle and is pet-friendly), and I might have to talk her into buying enough so I can fill at least the two clear bottles a third of the way.

I wonder what I'm going to owe them for this? ??? :P

And, Dr photo, about that organ... you haven't been messing about with that Chameleon Circuit again, have you? ;)

Dino.

dr photo

Cheers Dino - Couldn't have done it without the efforts of others on here. With regard to the bottles - the sets of three come up on ebay quite often which is where I grabbed mine from & not too expensive either. Thought it might make a nice addition to the bedroom. Not sure if I am going to add liquid yet. Don't want to damage the gaseous data stored in there :-)

As for the organ - Just in the process of putting a Kazran Sardick controller together & came across the shelf when looking for bits for that. I did get a great piece of pump organ top but that has been acquired by the good lady as a dressing table :-)Looks great but means the Isomorphic Weather Controller is in need of a pediment. The controller won't be identical but will be based on the original with a few tweaks & act as my PC desk :-)

Go out and get you some bottles & have a play

Now where did I put that Chameleon circuit?
Dr Photo.  Scientist - Photographer - Time Traveller

anakin starkiller

Feb 12, 2015, 04:13 am #35 Last Edit: Sep 03, 2015, 01:00 am by anakin starkiller
Hey guys,

I was late to the party on this one and now Ikea is all sold out.  Does anyone have any extra bottles they'd be willing to let go?

Thanks

Dan

galacticprobe

Feb 12, 2015, 06:31 am #36 Last Edit: Feb 12, 2015, 06:36 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: galacticprobe on Apr 13, 2014, 06:13 am
...the wife has this purple liquid cleaner (it comes in a spray bottle and is pet-friendly)...

Yeah... blowing the dust off of this one, I know; but I just found the bottle of this spray cleaner that I mentioned. It's called:

METHOD(R)
All-purpose
Natural Surface Cleaner

The wife gets it at Target, and it's the French Lavender one: near-perfect color, and is a liquid so if Clara happens to stumble into your TARDIS library while evading flaming time zombies and knocks over one of the un-stopped bottles, the purple liquid will dribble "words" out nicely just like it did in the episode. (And it smells nice, as well as being pet-friendly.)

(I knew I'd find that spray bottle one of these days so I could follow through and let everyone know what it was!)

Dino.