11th/12th Doctor Tardis Console Parts identification

Started by timewomble, Jan 12, 2013, 12:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

davidnagel

I think jontennant is referring to the black slider controls on top of the panel in my last image. And the white slider controls at top (but below the train changer levers) in the top image of my post.
Regards
David

jontennant

Well, I don't know whether this is anywhere here but I found the closest reference to the actual prop I think we'll find for a while. The Main De/Re materialisation lever.

21827107_855334131307667_9148425561914212352_n.jpg
Jontennant -  'The Other Doctor'

ThisJustinOnline

Pretty sure I found the audio sliders.

Made by Penny & Giles

Penny+Giles' audio faders.jpg

elkad

What are they called, for searching reference. I could use them for my "Pirate Planet Psychic Interference Transmitter" project

davidnagel

Quote from: elkad on Jan 22, 2018, 05:42 pm
What are they called, for searching reference. I could use them for my "Pirate Planet Psychic Interference Transmitter" project

Right-click and google image search the image and it'll give you all the data you need.
Regards
David

Angelus Lupus

You can't do that on images uploaded to the forum (or hotlink to them either)
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

davidnagel

Jan 23, 2018, 01:54 am #96 Last Edit: Jan 23, 2018, 01:54 am by davidnagel
Quote from: Angelus Lupus on Jan 23, 2018, 12:17 am
You can't do that on images uploaded to the forum (or hotlink to them either)

Really? without straying this topic too much, in Chrome I just right-click any image and click the "Search Google for Image" option in the context menu, new tab appears and its searched googlywoogly for it. Does this not happen for you?
Regards
David

Angelus Lupus

Hmm, I'm using Opera and I can't do that.
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

ThisJustinOnline

Pretty sure you can find them as Penny & Giles Audio sliders (faders)

galacticprobe

Jan 23, 2018, 05:48 am #99 Last Edit: Jan 23, 2018, 05:51 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: Angelus Lupus on Jan 23, 2018, 02:11 am
I'm using Opera and I can't do that.

Don't feel bad, Angelus. I'm using Safari and I can't do it either. It's not one of my 'right-click' options for images.

Quote from: Primrodo on Jan 23, 2018, 02:20 am
Pretty sure you can find them as Penny & Giles Audio sliders (faders)

You beat me to it, Justin! I was going to refer back to your post above. BTW, it's nice to see you back! You've been away for far too long. It's also nice to see your build is still moving forward.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

ThisJustinOnline

Oh believe me I troll the boards! Moving zapped space and time (ironically!) but I am gearing up to put that back in progress. I WILL get this done - Hopefully before we see Jodies console room!

This was an accidental find actually and I had already decided to settle with basic ones.

Davros Skaro

Can't do it with "Firefox" either, no right click option.

Chris.
Chris.

Rassilons Rod

Jan 23, 2018, 10:21 am #102 Last Edit: Jan 23, 2018, 10:22 am by rassilonsrod
Quote from: Angelus Lupus on Jan 23, 2018, 12:17 am
Really? without straying this topic too much, in Chrome I just right-click any image and click the "Search Google for Image" option in the context menu, new tab appears and its searched googlywoogly for it. Does this not happen for you?

That "search google" option is only in Chrome, afaik.

That said, right clicking isn't disabled on the forum. So in general that should be doable, regardless of the actual options presented by the context menu.

----

What you should be able to do (in Firefox at least) is drag the image into another tab and if you already have google image search open, then Robert is your mother's brother. :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

galacticprobe

Jan 24, 2018, 06:05 am #103 Last Edit: Jan 24, 2018, 06:37 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: rassilonsrod on Jan 23, 2018, 10:21 am
What you should be able to do (in Firefox at least) is drag the image into another tab and if you already have google image search open, then Robert is your mother's brother. :)

Well, this doesn't work with Safari. I tried it just for giggles; the result I got was the image came from "tardisbuilders.com". (Go figure. ???)

Quote from: Primrodo on Jan 23, 2018, 06:16 am
Oh believe me I troll the boards!

Well then... at least say "Hello!" once in a while! ;D

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

gaf5752

I googled the picture and it comes up as:
"Penny Giles GF3000 Conductive Plastic Linear Manual Fader"