Apr 28, 2024, 03:34 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Reliquary

Started by Kingpin, Apr 27, 2013, 11:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingpin

Apr 27, 2013, 11:11 pm Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 10:42 pm by Scarfwearer
The Reliquary (Also my name, not official... I just like the sound of it and the potential context)

tardis63.jpg
tardis146.jpg
tardis147.jpg
tardis148.jpg
tardis149.jpg

Is that meant to be 7's umbrella from Paradise Towers? :)

the_prop_maniac

I thought, if it didn't have the umbrella part, just a long wooden shaft, it could have been the First Doctors walking stick from The Five Doctors! But, as goes for the umbrella, I think that there was a question mark handle. (Or it could be only for Rememberence of the Daleks onwards, I  haven't watched that much of Classic Who :P )
"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three."

galacticprobe

Aug 24, 2014, 05:28 am #2 Last Edit: Aug 24, 2014, 05:31 am by galacticprobe
McCoy carried a brown/tan bamboo-looking-handled brolly, with a black canopy in "Time and the Rani" and "Paradise Towers". This version was very much like the one John Steed (Sir Patrick Macnee) used in the later episodes (the Emma Peel ones onward) of 'The Avengers' TV series (for those of us of the age to remember that one - if not, look it up on Netflix, Hulu (or Hulu Plus) or Youtube; you'll find clips at least on Youtube if the other leads fail you).

McCoy acquired his trademark Q-mark-handled brolly in "Delta in the Bannermen" (his third story) and he kept it through the end of his run, though he did not have it with him for his cameo in the 1996 Doctor Who Series Revival Pilot Movie (a.k.a. the TVM). So either umbrella would work.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"