Apr 24, 2024, 03:05 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Yale Lock Face

Started by chemicalworld, Apr 05, 2013, 10:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

chemicalworld

Hiya guys, I've been visiting this forum for the past few months looking at all the wonderful work everyone has achieved.  At the start of the year I decided to go ahead and start my own TARDIS build in the form of a modification to an existing bookshelf that holds my Doctor Who DVD collection.

I'm planning to post a thread in the future with all my pics that I've collected whilst building it, but I'm waiting to finish it before I go ahead.

Now to the task at hand. I recently added some handles to my doors but I'm looking to add a Yale lock to the right door. Or more specifically the illusion that a Yale lock is in place.

8620609031_7c5df4e347_z.jpg

8621710468_e461087bb7_z.jpg

My doors are made up out of 15mm contiboard with 10.5mm pine stripwood in place to provide the panels. The space I have to work with is 30mm due to a divider hiding the joins of the door and a quadrant lining the inside of the panel. I'm an amateur DIYer, and the only reason I've been able to progress as far as I have is that I work in a DIY store and have had quite a few helpful tips from some friends there.

Would appreciate any help or ideas that could be provided as I'm getting closer to my end goal and want this build to be as good as it can be (with my limited skills).

Martin C :)

deck5

Apr 05, 2013, 06:19 pm #1 Last Edit: Apr 05, 2013, 08:27 pm by deck5
Quote from: chemicalworld on Apr 05, 2013, 10:05 am
My doors are made up out of 15mm contiboard with 10.5mm pine stripwood in place to provide the panels. The space I have to work with is 30mm due to a divider hiding the joins of the door and a quadrant lining the inside of the panel.

Sounds like enough room to fit just the bezel and cylinder of a lock.  You'd need to cut the shaft completely off the back, and of course it wouldn't function as a lock.