Mar 29, 2024, 02:52 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

BBC Album Art TARDIS

Started by LunaMars, Jan 15, 2024, 11:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LunaMars

Jan 15, 2024, 11:20 pm Last Edit: Jan 15, 2024, 11:26 pm by LunaMars
I am doing a loose recreation the 1974 title sequence and I was wondering if the source of this still of the TARDIS (attached below) is known, or if there's any other front-on views of the Brachacki box (or a similar design) that are of decent quality. Thanks

R-11840619-1523280222-4668.jpg

Rassilons Rod

Curious (and awesome) that the correct lamp is in place here....

I think you might find some more photos here:
https://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?board=67.0
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Volpone

I just reread the post.  This thread might have something you could use:  1:5 Scale Brachaki TARDIS.
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

fivefingeredstyre

Quote from: Rassilons Rod on Jan 16, 2024, 07:59 amCurious (and awesome) that the correct lamp is in place here....

I think you might find some more photos here:
https://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?board=67.0
I think that's because the picture of the TARDIS on the record cover is actually a frame taken from the VFX telecine sequence in pt 4 of the Claws of Axos, which has been pasted over a frame of the Tom Baker opening title sequence. You can still see the original TARDIS poking out behind the edges of the base of the overlaid model TARDIS.

I'm pretty sure its the 5th scale box they used to film the space sequences of Axos, but I'm happy to be corrected...

LunaMars

Jan 17, 2024, 07:13 pm #4 Last Edit: Jan 17, 2024, 07:18 pm by LunaMars
I think the most surprising thing I've learned from this forum is that the '74 slitscan TARDIS was a photograph of a physical model - the strange lighting and weird plastic-looking bulb had me thinking otherwise before. Cool to see it in a less distorted form on the BBC-22002 vinyl and the BBC-453 sleeve. I'll see if I can get my hands on the latter at some point and provide a high-res scan of the sleeve - it's a 7" record so the DPI probably won't be impressive but if there's any better sources for the image I'd be happy to know.