Apr 27, 2024, 09:03 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Transportable Audio Recording Dungeon in Style

Started by nachtnerd, Jun 28, 2014, 11:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nachtnerd

Jun 28, 2014, 11:43 am Last Edit: Jun 28, 2014, 11:44 am by nachtnerd
It's still a week to go until i have three weeks off, and the actual building will start, and today i got the wood for the baseplate, and half of the rest. It was all the hardwarestore had. But what exactly will it be?

The result should be a general Tardis, so it will be blue with Police sign and all the stuff, but i don't want to do a special design, as no one here in my German village can tell one fron the other anyway. It all started as the need to have a small chamber in which I can do podcast recordings, so the inner walls will be lined with foam, and there will be two stools and a desk and ceiling mounted microphone supports.

It wil be detachable and has to be transportable in a Vauxhaul Meriva.

2014-06-28 13.07.49.jpg

For all the measurements i used a blueprint found on http://www.blueboxproject.com/the-blueprints and scaled it back to the original size. That is not done exactly, but to make sense in metric measurements.

The door and walls will be 2,20m in height and 1m width, so the wood is 1,10 in width and height to have some wood to connect it with the posts. The posts itself will be in 3 segments each, hopefully be stabilized by the walls. The smaller parts you see on the next picture are parts of the posts.

As i have no tablesaw i buy all the wood made on measure in the next towns hardware store, where the prices including tailoring are even lower than the wood itself in my local store.

2014-06-28 13.19.25.jpg

davidnagel

Regards
David

DoctorWho8

FYI, I think you are the 6th known German TARDIS Builder.  Welcome!
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff