News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Radio Cab Murders film

Started by chriskingbees, Jan 13, 2012, 01:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chriskingbees

Jan 13, 2012, 01:12 pm Last Edit: Feb 20, 2013, 12:14 pm by hb88banzai
This is interesting, a still from the film "Radio Cab Murders"
Two questions spring to mind a, Is it real? and b, If so, where is it?

http://www.reelstreets.com/index.php?option=com_films&task=view&id=820&film_ref=radio_cab_murder&Itemid=2

KB

PS, I tried to copy the picture, but it wouldn't let me. If anyone can, please do, and post the picture

Mark

Jan 13, 2012, 01:51 pm #1 Last Edit: Jan 13, 2012, 02:33 pm by mark
Thats a cracking shot Chris.

I would say its real, if not then certainly the most accurate prop to date.

If no one else gets a grab I'll sort one when I finish work.

Ignore that, went for a fag break so here goes.

film capture.JPG

Unfortunately the picture doesn't get any bigger when you click it so this is the best I can manage.

fedora

I would say it looks real doesnt seam as if its a prop 
But it was just a police box !

lorisarvendu

I agree.  Examples I've seen from films where the shot is obviously on a set don't look real. Police Boxes are quite complicated in design and I'm sure it would beyond any producer to spend money making an unnecessarily accurate prop if it's only going to be on scren for a few seconds.  Certainly if the plot only requires someone to use the phone and not open the door then it'd be easier and far cheaper to use an existing one.  It's not as if there weren't enough of them around!

Anyway, it looks like the kind of film I'd like (I have a penchant for old B&W movies of the 50's) so I've ordered a copy.  If I can get a better screenshot I'll post it here.

fedora

I think the only props were the ealing box and the cushing box also the one seen in the lavender hill mob
But it was just a police box !

hb88banzai

Feb 20, 2013, 07:52 am #5 Last Edit: Feb 20, 2013, 12:05 pm by hb88banzai
I think I've found the location of this Box --

X14    Box       04-May-36    11 Feb 60    Doyle Gardens, north side 6 yards east of Uffington Road    Willesden    Harlesden    

Here's a POV pic of the spot (the Box was about where the bush on the right side is per the Met List) --

X14-POV_Streetview.JPG

Some house renovations aside (newer windows, a new sheltered entrance for the unit on the left and the same unit's narrow window or vent in the gable removed - not bad for almost 60 years later!), it all seems to fit. You don't know how many times things seemed close at other locations, but just a bit off. Finally something where everything lines up and the architecture is spot on. Even the fence is the same.

URL:  http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Uffington+Road+Willesden,+London,+UK&hl=en&ll=51.539589,-0.236367&spn=0.004651,0.010546&sll=51.544413,-0.264874&sspn=0.037418,0.084372&hnear=Uffington+Rd&t=m&layer=c&cbll=51.539405,-0.236309&panoid=4PMKFotOoPBVn4DO-jYJGQ&cbp=12,1.1,,1,2.16&z=17

Dalekoracle

Good grief. I was in two minds about this one... I was unsure if it was a prop box, because anecdotal evidence suggested that filming was split between central London and Kingston Upon Thames, and as none of the boxes seemed to match that location, i was leaning back towards Prop Box territory.
But its North West London.
Very very impressed. Was it a hunch, or a "Eureka!" moment?

Mark

hb88banzai

Eureka! Purely an "aha" as I was filling in the rest of X Division after finding the Look, Signal, Manoeuvre Box.