May 20, 2024, 04:04 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS at Portmeirion

Started by a lovely shade of blue, Dec 05, 2010, 05:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

a lovely shade of blue

There is going to be Police box in Portmerion  over the Christmas season ! Maybe they are placing them around.
STRIKE ME PINK!.

DoctorWho8

Take pictures when it "materializes." :)
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

a lovely shade of blue

I would love to. But alas, i live 6 hours drive from there on the south coast of England.
I think there maybe something about it on the portmerion website.
STRIKE ME PINK!.

a lovely shade of blue

STRIKE ME PINK!.

superrichi1a

Wow, a nice replica! Any idea why it is there? Not sure if it was one of the ones on the lorry, at those, to me, seemed to be a bit of a different colour, but yeah, nice :)
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

DoctorWho8

It's one of the standard BBC Promotional TARDISes.  I don't believe this is one of the ones from the lorry.

superrichi1a

They have more than one? I thought that the Beeb had only comissioned 2, the prop, and later a promotional box to double as the BBC TVC box and make guest appearances. Interesting.
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

DoctorWho8

There are at least 2 promotional boxes, maybe a 3rd. Two for sure.

drew30

i would still like them to drop one off at my house tho. lol

Volpone

Quote from: a lovely shade of blue on Dec 08, 2010, 09:08 am
It's there. Pictures of the current Tardis in situ at Portmerion!!!
http://www.portmeirion-village.com/content.php?nID=8;ID=241;lID=1

Sadly the link is no longer valid.  And the site doesn't seem to have a search function.  That said, I'm sure Number 6 would love to get some help from the Doctor!
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

lorisarvendu

Google is your friend, and Flickr is happy to have your babies.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10089490@N06/5274853330/

DoctorWho8