Mar 29, 2024, 11:52 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Original Console for type 63

Started by type63, Dec 12, 2012, 02:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

type63

A simple sketch of what I imagine would be the original console for the type 63. Hope you like it. Please suggest any improvements :)100_2635.JPG

galacticprobe

Dec 12, 2012, 06:01 pm #1 Last Edit: Dec 12, 2012, 06:01 pm by galacticprobe
This looks familiar. ??? Have I seen this somewhere before? Or has it been talked about in another thread? If it has, I can't find it, but damn... I could almost swear that I've seen this drawing before.

As to improvements? ??? Maybe a little fine tuning on that panel on the left? It looks a bit "battle damaged" at the moment. (And add some color. I'd love to see what this console would look like if it was a finished build. Intriguing design.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

DoctorWho8

I think you may be getting it confused with all the other custom consoles, Dino. ;)
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

galacticprobe

Dec 12, 2012, 06:38 pm #3 Last Edit: Dec 12, 2012, 06:38 pm by galacticprobe
Actually, Bill, I have seen something similar. A while ago a member sent me some sketches of various console designs. I just flipped through them and while this particular console isn't amongst the sketches, there are two that are very similar. So, I think I'll add this one to that small stack of sketches. (One can never have too many ideas to pull from when designing a console for a limited space - like I have to work with - and the on-screen consoles don't like to scale down that much... though the Season 14 wooden console and Junk Console might work as they're about as large as I can go.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

type63

You defiantly won't have seen this before because I only drew it this afternoon!
Anyway about the panel on the left - I deliberately made it damaged as I was reading about Jon Pertwee's console and how it had a hole in it for the Doctor to make repairs. Anyway I liked it and decided to include it in my design.

type63

Would you mind uploading/giving me a link to the other sketches. I would be intrigued to see them!