News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Alan's Tardis

Started by alanr, Oct 04, 2012, 04:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

alanr

And enough progress to start priming!s20121015c_tardis_primer.jpg

geminitimelord

So I am gone for a while and I see there is another quality build going on. I sorta lost interest as there were not many new TARDIS builds.

Fantastic, I really love how you applied another unique build technique as opposed to how many of our builds were accomplished per the TARDIS Builders Manual.  What a Solid looking build, love to see that BLUE PAINT....

galacticprobe

Oct 17, 2012, 07:13 pm #32 Last Edit: Oct 17, 2012, 07:13 pm by galacticprobe
Poke your head in more often, Scott! Some of us actually miss having you around and hearing your input.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Yoz

wow its amazing so incredible diffrent we all can make the same thing! Looks like a really difficult thing to place the roof one of the first things you do. Looks soooo wobbly! Cool to see this develope
TARDISbuilding is really Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff!

alanr

Painting takes a whole day for inside and out. So days 24 and 25 were painting - primer and top coat. The top coat sometimes needed a second coat, because the white showed through a bit.  Day 26. s20121018a_tardis_white.jpg
This is the albino phase.

alanr

(Reminder to self: this site works much better in IE than it does in Chrome).
Here is the blue - Benjamin Moore "New York State of Mind" blue, which I had colour matched in HW because Behr is $40 and BM is $55 (!!).. The HD guy assured me that this was the very colour copyrighted by Jay-Z, so I'm hoping he sends Beyonce round to complain.
I spend two fruitless days searching for the door sign which I put alway "for safety" a year ago and forgot where. She Who Must Be Obeyed found it in 35 seconds.  I won't count that towards the timeline.
[attachid]s20121021a_tardis_nearly_blue.jpg[/attachid]

alanr

Here the painting is complete. All we need now is hardware and signs. (I'm still rebelling against the GBP50 for postage). BLue outside.
s20121028a_tardis_blue.jpg
White inside
s20121028b_tardis_white_inside.jpg
Grey floor, since I had some garage floor paint left.

alanr

Day 26 was spent on windows, which you can see in the inside shot. I made frames. The windows are acrylic since a friend had some lying around. Silicon to keep them in place and dry.

Day 27. I found an old Yale on ebay for $20, and that's now in place. s20121104a_tardis_lock.jpg

alanr

Day 28. Due to a permanent condition called laziness, I wasn't going to have an opening door panel behind the 'pull to open' sign. But that plan had to change. (1) little people could easily lock themselves in by slide the button on the Yale, and (2) because the lock was old, it tends to slide by itselt, with no way to get in. So I performed a door-panel-ectomy - cut out the old panel   

s201211106a_tardis_door.jpg

alanr

alanr