New, New TardisBuilders!

Type 63 Tardis console

Started by type63, Sep 30, 2012, 02:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

type63

Thanks a bunch :) but how do I do that?

type63

3.png

I have walls! Got to do the roundels and doors now.

handofomega

Go to the tool bar at the top and click on "View".   When the menu drops down look for "Hidden Geometry".   Make sure that it is not on.   Then while still in "View" look for "Edge Style" and click it.  When that smaller menu drops make sure the only thing on is "Display Edges" and "Profiles".   The other two options only make the exported 2D pics look like something is wrong with the corners and the lines look too thick.

type63

type63

5.png4.png

I have made a bookcase and an interior door and scanner. I am a bit worried they are a little out of proportion though!

type63

6.png

Roundels, columns and door/scanner detail.

type63

7.png8.png

I've added colour to the bookcase and rebuilt the console as it was too
complex to add controls to and also slightly out of proportion.

warmcanofcoke

Nice Progress! Love the book case. The door and scanner are spot on.
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

type63

type63

9.png

I've made contols! The navigation panel.

type63

Mark 8.png
Complete re-design of the console. The blank area is the desk area (like the secondary console room) with a "retro" phone in it.
It's not quite finished. Any improvement suggestions welcome. :)

DoctorWho8

Do you have a door lever?  I see a blank spot by the large single black lever slider.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

galacticprobe

Oct 11, 2012, 04:59 am #27 Last Edit: Oct 11, 2012, 05:00 am by galacticprobe
You've got me curious... what does that black plate/plaque at the top of the Coordinate Input Panel say? (Or is that supposed to be a digital read-out of some kind?)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

type63

The black readout is the co-ordinate display.

And I'm thinking of putting the door lever where the three red buttons are currently.

galacticprobe

Oct 12, 2012, 06:03 am #29 Last Edit: Oct 12, 2012, 06:04 am by galacticprobe
Just a suggestion, but if you do, you should consider relocating those three red buttons to that blank spot DoctorWho8 mentioned. That spot just looks like it's begging for some sort of control to be put there.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"