News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Watford Way at Page Street, Mill Hill Box

Started by petewilson, Aug 17, 2017, 03:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

petewilson

Aug 17, 2017, 03:58 pm Last Edit: Mar 21, 2018, 09:49 am by hb88banzai
Two in one week......
Here's the first look at S26 North corner of junction of Watford Way, east side and Page Street, north side from 1965 in High-Res Quality...

**Special Thanks to Dalekoracle for purchasing this Photo and sending it to me to upload**

S26 Page Street, Mill Hill.jpg

Thanks Mark!

Dalekoracle

My pleasure Pete.
It's a lovely photo - the aftermath of an accident, and the box in the background.
Thanks for uploading it.
Mark

chriskingbees

A sad picture truth be told. I wonder if the phone in the box was utilised by either the driver of the Standard min van or the Zephyr?
BB

Dalekoracle

I don't see it as sad Chris, just a moment in time captured by the press for posterity. Its very dramatic!

Mark

petewilson

I'm more curious about the strange coloured Side Sign Box!!  ???

Volpone

That and the particulars of the accident.  Usually at least one car will have front end damage but both of these have side damage.  Maybe they were both trying to merge into the same lane, but fast enough to do that?  The front axle and windshield of the delivery van are destroyed and the damage to the sedan looks pretty extensive. 

They were probably distracted by the strange colored sign box and not paying attention to the road.
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

Angelus Lupus

A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

Volpone

It's interesting, how grotty the Fresnel lens is.  I'm going to have to keep an eye on these colorized photos to see if it's a trend.  My first impulse on building a TARDIS was that the lamp should be frosted.  Then as I learned more, I went with clear.  But looking at these photos, there was enough grime on them and enough distortion from the lens that frosted might be the way to go. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

petewilson

I'm enjoying this new trend of Colourization.......
But shouldn't this box be a darker blue ???
Anyway could either of you two do your magic on my local Box at the time (High Res photo of X54 1950) please?

Pete

Volpone

The funny thing is, I've always been meaning to black-and-white-ize our member builds as a way to better understand what color the boxes in these photos are.  Instead we're doing it the other way around. 
-The Doctor.