Apr 20, 2024, 04:37 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Some TARDISes

Started by solidbronze, Sep 01, 2012, 06:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hodge

Can I use the McGann console render as part of a Facebook cover please?

solidbronze

timelordvictorious

solidbronze

Have done a little bit more work on this...

TARDIS control room Smith 2010 11.png

DoctorWho8

The lighting looks spot on for moodier scenes.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

expendable

Lovely work so far! I like how you've lit the room, it looks great to me! I like your columns too. Possibly my next project is figuring this room out.

Kingpin

Looking superb, SB. :)

solidbronze

Here's a little work in progress...

Cloister-Room-TVM14-small.png

Cloister-Room-TVM11-small.png

Despite its apparent simplicity, this has been one of the most complex and awkward things I've ever worked on.  It's been on the back-burner for a while: I've just checked the dates on this, and I first started this in September 2010....

Vale

Nice work on the cloister room roof! In the TVM novelisation the cloister room is described as a central church-like building set inside a proper cloister with lawns and shrubs. There's some excellent concept art of that ceiling in the "Regeneration" book too.

expendable

Oh! This is a beautiful room! I love all the details I can see in here! Especially that structure rising up against the night sky in the second one!  A grand view!

solidbronze

More bits and pieces:

Cloister-room7-small.png

TARDIS control room 12.png

TARDIS-control-room-1972-The-Time-Monster-1-small.png

Rassilons Rod

Ooooh,  that cloister room looks amazing! :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

expendable

Agreed, wonderful work on the Cloister Room! I love the stone work with all of its architectural details with the vines hanging from the arches and the leaves scattered on the floor, very nicely done!

Your console rooms are very nicely done too, I like the shadows and the walls in both. Very good work!

galacticprobe

Aug 26, 2014, 05:52 am #28 Last Edit: Aug 26, 2014, 05:57 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: expendable on Aug 25, 2014, 11:38 pm
Agreed, wonderful work on the Cloister Room! I love the stone work with all of its architectural details with the vines hanging from the arches and the leaves scattered on the floor, very nicely done!

Your console rooms are very nicely done too, I like the shadows and the walls in both. Very good work!

Quote from: rassilonsrod on Aug 25, 2014, 05:39 pm
Ooooh,  that cloister room looks amazing! :)

Well, all I can do is echo what's been said here! (And maybe add...)
eyepopping(small).jpg
OH MY GLOB!

And did anyone spot the clever - the very clever - image of William Hartnell as he appeared in "The Three Doctors" inserted on the monitor screen? That is a very lovely tribute!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

silverfox

Beautiful renders as always, and Yay! Nice to see somebody else do the Time Monster console room :)

I feel I could step into the pictures and walk around.