Sixth Doctor's Sonic Lance - Reference Pictures

Started by 13drwho, Aug 25, 2012, 02:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

13drwho

Aug 25, 2012, 02:41 am Last Edit: Oct 22, 2012, 03:26 pm by Scarfwearer
I have some images of the original prop, but they're horrible. Here's what I have...

sonic lance post.jpg

sonic lance post 2.jpg

sonic lance post 3.jpg

sonic lance post 4.jpg

riftmaster

Aug 25, 2012, 08:15 am #1 Last Edit: Aug 25, 2012, 11:06 am by Scarfwearer
Here is the only other image I could find of the original, but I bet you have seen it already:
Sonic_Lance.jpg

- riftmaster

Scarfwearer

I've brightened and cropped this last image so it's easier to see. It hasn't really brought out any more detail though.
sonic-lance.jpg

Crispin

galacticprobe

Aug 25, 2012, 07:56 pm #3 Last Edit: Aug 25, 2012, 08:02 pm by galacticprobe
Lightening the photo has brought out enough detail to show that pointy, silvery area (metallic tape or paint?) that's between the raised red light and the lance's main body's tip, and some detail on that slide switch just above (presumably) the Doctor's thumb. That at least shows it is something on the lance, and not just a reflection of the stage lighting. I'd say that was helpful.

The main body also looks like it's a deep purple color in riftmaster's photo (both the original and the lightened version). It's hard to tell in 13drwho's screen grabs, but it almost looks deep purple in some of those as well.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"