Apr 13, 2021, 07:26 pm


New, New TardisBuilders!

Red gel inserts

Started by DarthMoose74, Aug 25, 2012, 05:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic


I have seen the word red gel inset on a few posts but no clue what it is. I am looking for inserts for my 4 inch clear tubes to make them read. I have tried that clear wrapping paper stuff from the craft stores but it does not look to good.


Red gel refers to the plastic sheets used in the entertainment industry to colour their lanterns.

the two main manufacturers I know of are Lee and Rosco.


I'd suggest something like #26 might be a good option for this, but could be a little too dark for some.


Thanks! I will check that out. Any certain thickness work best with having them conform to the inside of the tube?


Thanks! Those worked great! ^^