New, New TardisBuilders!

Evil Bob's TARDIS build

Started by evil bob, Jul 12, 2012, 09:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

linkjrep

Holy raxacoricofallapitorious, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  ;D

evil bob

DoctorWho8

And for the upcoming St. Paddy's Day celebrations, I give you this!
IrishTARDIS 1.jpg
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

bigandybelfast

Any spare vac-formed lamp tops you'd be willling to share?

evil bob

I have one vacuum formed copy, my original top is on my TARDIS. Let me see if I can create a stone positive from my copy.

liamthewhovian99

Jun 11, 2013, 06:05 pm #185 Last Edit: Jun 11, 2013, 06:08 pm by liamthewhovian99
if it wouldn't be too much trouble, would i perhaps be allowed to have one?
pwetty pwease?  :)
you see, i myself am building one, yet cannot source the lamp cap  :(
"The Doctor?... Doctor Who?" - Pretty Much Everyone

Raven

May I say, this is one impressive TARDIS you built! Probably one of my top favorites on the forum!
I also saw your video where you were testing the sounds; that was pretty cool! May I ask (I also asked this on the YouTube), how did you install the speakers and everything. When I build my TARDIS I'm planning on doing sound effects, so I'm just being curious as to how I would go about doing that. Also synching the lantern up with the sound, seems complicated.

geminitimelord

Bob does have a great build.

From what i know those sound and light combos need a small board. I believe there is a topic on this but you need some basic circuit knowledge.

My box uses a simple flasher to blink the lights and i just used an old ipod and speaker system to give mine sound.

evil bob

Quote from: Raven on Jul 29, 2013, 06:04 am
May I say, this is one impressive TARDIS you built! Probably one of my top favorites on the forum!
I also saw your video where you were testing the sounds; that was pretty cool! May I ask (I also asked this on the YouTube), how did you install the speakers and everything. When I build my TARDIS I'm planning on doing sound effects, so I'm just being curious as to how I would go about doing that. Also synching the lantern up with the sound, seems complicated.

I didn't reply on youtube yet.  Thanks!  I used one of these amplifiers http://www.samsclub.com/sams/blockrocker-explorer-bt/prod9230260.ip?cid=SPOT_4UP_4 very low tech.  And I ported the audio through a color organ.  easy peasy.

evil bob

Quote from: geminitimelord on Jul 29, 2013, 06:08 am
Bob does have a great build.

From what i know those sound and light combos need a small board. I believe there is a topic on this but you need some basic circuit knowledge.

My box uses a simple flasher to blink the lights and i just used an old ipod and speaker system to give mine sound.

Thanks Scott!

evil bob

Sep 07, 2016, 07:49 pm #190 Last Edit: Sep 07, 2016, 08:00 pm by evil bob
New roof added with additional details, freshly painted, new light diffusers and additional weather proofness.

IMG_5710.JPG

Volpone

Quote from: evil bob on Oct 31, 2012, 12:07 pm
Thanks Torktomelson!
I had a couple of teenaged girls ring my doorbell yesterday and asked if they could take pictures with the Tardis. I've build a lot of outdoor Halloween props before, and that never happened with them.

Just don't tell them you've got candy and toys inside.  Trust me.  ;) 

Anyway, nice to see an update on a build from around the time I did mine and good to see she's still out and about. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

galacticprobe

Sep 08, 2016, 06:24 am #192 Last Edit: Sep 08, 2016, 06:24 am by galacticprobe
And it's nice to see the Old Girl is holding up well being an "outdoorsy" Type-40. ;D She's looking even better with those upgrades, evil bob. (Just when you thought you couldn't improve on perfection, someone manages to improve on perfection!)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"