LEGO TARDIS Console Room (2010/11 Matt Smith Version)

Started by xenomurphy, May 11, 2012, 06:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

xenomurphy

Wow, riftmaster, that's very kind. Thank you.
I'm using 3ds max at work, so I can probably import the file. Do you know if the source is reliable? I also bought the BBC TARDIS game; it helps to understand the basic construction, but otherwise it's not very accurate.

warmcanofcoke

why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

xenomurphy

Intermezzo

I'm still busy collecting informations about the interior, but in the meantime, I updated my original exterior design.
The new old TARDIS is not a purist LEGO creation, since I had to spraypaint it. There are a lot of dark blue LEGO bricks, but not all of the ones I needed come in that colour. But hey, in case we can convince the LEGO Group to produce official Doctor Who sets, they'll make them.

The first pic also shows my unfinished version of the first Doctor. I modified a hairpiece for him, but the rest is original LEGO parts.

Titel.jpg

The second pic shows my old and new version in comparison.

Vergleich.jpg

warmcanofcoke

That is brilliant!!!! Makes me want to go out and buy some parts from Lego's pick a brick and build one of my own.
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

the mister

this is all so genius! that 2005 console looks great! really atmospheric in fact. You're good at making these doctors too.

xenomurphy

I'd like to apologise for not being able to post updates of my work lately. I have not given up, nor will I abandon this project. But there are 2 other large projects at this time that need my attention and have priority over my LEGO Tardis. As soon as I have something new, I'll update this forum, promised.