Mar 29, 2024, 04:54 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Cheap and cheerful Masters Tardis

Started by type55tardis, May 10, 2012, 06:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

type55tardis

Thanks Dino,
I thought you would have got it first  :) .
Well as for the recursive thingy ,its light enough for me to just pick it up and carry it outside  ;D so I won't have to jettison any of my Tardis.
I was hoping to do a dramatic reveal in a video,but as rassilons rod guessed it pretty early on,I felt it was unfair not to tell everyone how to make it,still there is a video to come,the good thing about the column is that it is just the right size and weight to carry around and you could have it in the corner of a room without it taking up too much space.
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

Rassilons Rod

Always loved this TARDIS and yours looks fantastic :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

type55tardis

Last but not least
We put the finishing touches to the column tonight,My Daughter added a green wash and some fake Ivy (a bit over the top but I like it)

The green wash was still wet :)

p29.jpg   p30.jpg   p31.jpg

And here is a comparison

p32.jpg       ref 2a.JPG

I hope this inspires others
This must be the shortest build diary in the history of this site  :)
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

the_temporal_mechanic

Great Work!  Again, I love the wash.  This has inspired me to work on a new shell.  Space in my place is at a premium, so we'll see what happens.

atomicgraph

DoctorWho8

Quote from: atomicgraph on May 12, 2012, 01:01 am
way,to,go,turned,out,fantastic,

Your space bar still not working?  You can get a used keyboard from a computer shop for probably $10. :)
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

type55tardis

Quote from: jarenelo on May 11, 2012, 08:47 pm
Great Work!  Again, I love the wash.  This has inspired me to work on a new shell.  Space in my place is at a premium, so we'll see what happens.

I can't wait to see what you come up with,your consoles have always been pretty cool.

galacticprobe

May 12, 2012, 06:36 am #22 Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 06:38 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: DoctorWho8 on May 12, 2012, 04:23 am
Quote from: atomicgraph on May 12, 2012, 01:01 am
way,to,go,turned,out,fantastic,

Your space bar still not working?  You can get a used keyboard from a computer shop for probably $10. :)
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Space bar on the blink? And here I was thinking atomicgraph was just trying to sound like William Shatner. ;D

And I love that green wash. It really gives that "column" the look of age.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

type55tardis

Here is a short movie (I had to do one) changing the T55 shell into something else  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e651bVKK4U

galacticprobe

May 14, 2012, 06:55 pm #24 Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 06:55 pm by galacticprobe
Great video! I especially like the puzzled shake of the head after you look at the column. It actually looks like it could be made from some sort of stone, and that ivy is an appropriate accent to it. (I will miss the Type-55 shell if it's gone forever, though.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

rocket

Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

type55tardis

May 15, 2012, 04:33 am #26 Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 04:46 am by type55tardis
Thanks Guys,
Unfortunately the T55 shell was cut up and got rid of last year as it was far too large and cumbersome to move around,but I have got plans to build a Sidrat type shell.( I had to dig through my old clothes to find the same outfit I wore in last years video didn't want any continuity errors)
I think this may take a fair bit longer than the column but it should be fun. then I'll have 2 Tardis's.
The Master had 2 in the Keeper of Traken so why shouldn't I  :)

galacticprobe

May 15, 2012, 05:51 am #27 Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 05:51 am by galacticprobe
Sad - a moment of silence for the late T55 shell: ...

But hey, at least the SIDRAT shell is a colorful one! And yes, you can have as many TARDISes as you want or need. ;)

Dino.

type55tardis

type55tardis

I'm looking forward to other members interpretations on this  :)