Apr 19, 2024, 07:04 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS Shower

Started by madwomanwithboxshower, Apr 09, 2012, 12:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

madwomanwithboxshower

Light and Water!!

Saturday Hubby's best mate came by and wired her up for us. He wired it to be GFI certified for wet conditions. Both lights are the same outdoor floodlight. The top light just has the top of bird feeder added on. The switch is in the phone box that still needs a back to it.
Inside Light II.jpg
Outside Light II.jpg
Switch II.jpg

The last two evenings have been spent sweating Pex and copper and I could not be happier!! I love the way it looks.
chameleon shower II.jpg

All that's left is her makeup. Screens, finish the phonebox, signs and handles! Plus a few more accessories for the inside like one of those accordion mirrors. 
MW (Noelle)

mulla

very cool!

are you painting the inside or leaving the timber?

madwomanwithboxshower

Quote from: mulla on Jun 06, 2012, 05:07 am

are you painting the inside or leaving the timber?

Leaving it right now or possibly using a deck sealer. It's treated so it would be fine without anything. We have other projects to get to like a front patio leaking under the house and a stairway with carpet half ripped up.  So painting the inside is something I'll have to save to do later. I've thought about doing the white on white circles thing maybe one day.
MW (Noelle)

madwomanwithboxshower

One more step toward completion.

Open door sign II.jpg
door sign II.jpg
MW (Noelle)

museumdave

That is a thing of absolute beauty. 
Is that where you will put towels to keep them dry?

Cheers
"I could retire and be the curator of this place,"  the 11th doctor or maybe the 12th?

madwomanwithboxshower

Quote from: museumdave on Jun 07, 2012, 07:40 pm
That is a thing of absolute beauty. 

Thanks again!
The Phone box is too small for towels so it's really just for things like a phone, my runners watch etc. We bought a piece of corrugated plastic roof panel to angle in one corner with hooks behind it for a towel and a robe. It is yet to be installed.

I'd love to take one of those column shaped water coolers and build a Dalek around it for towels but most likely will buy one of those plastic outdoor bench/storage things.
MW (Noelle)

slidin_sidewayz

Aren't you worried that someone may pop open that phone door while you're showering?   :o
Awesome work, by the way.  ;D

madwomanwithboxshower

Quote from: slidin_sidewayz on Jun 09, 2012, 07:53 am
Aren't you worried that someone may pop open that phone door while you're showering?   :o
Awesome work, by the way.  ;D

LOL! -The phonebox only opens from the outside and has a metal back to it. But we did find out the view from the deck is now more interesting.
MW (Noelle)

slidin_sidewayz

Ah yes, now I see. I was looking at the picture on my phone and missed that it had a back. My bad!  ::)

madwomanwithboxshower

Aug 01, 2012, 01:34 am #54 Last Edit: Aug 01, 2012, 01:35 am by madwomanwithboxshower
Boy, I've been away so long I got bumped to the second page. :(

Well, I'm not calling it done but it's 98%. And it's been put to good use several times!

Finally got the top signs done. The door sign sticker worked so well on metal we wanted to do the top signs that way too but your local home improvement store doesn't sell it long enough. We finally got one that would work from my Father in Law's backyard auto shop.

We still need to caulk more around the light, put up a few more hooks and shelves inside and maybe frame around the screens inside. I also want to put up a clear plastic divider on an angle for a dry area but the dry bag out of the kayak works for now and towels and things hung at window height by the door will stay dry but a long robe won't.

Hubby also wants to put in drain valves at the lowest points so it can be winterized and he swears he's going to move it then and bury the water and electric lines under the patio. We'll see.

I'm very happy with it and I learned so much in the process. Sometimes I pull up a lawnchair and just sit and look at it.

Shower hook II.jpg
Finished II.jpg
TARDIS SHOWER II.jpg
MW (Noelle)

mulla

I Love this build!
If ever i start another one, I think it will be a shower!
Well Done!

linkjrep

Wow, that second photo blows me away, it looks great! Congrats!!!!  :D

madwomanwithboxshower

MW (Noelle)

madwomanwithboxshower

Dry area problem solved.
I loved the idea of using the piece of clear corrugated roofing at an angle to create a dry area but we just could figure out how to make it work right. We decided to go with a shower curtain about 10" from the front with hooks in the corners and the back of the door. It seems to work fine. I thought about trying to find a Doctor themed curtain or something spacey but instead I went with something I felt had an old school TARDIS interior feel. I think it looks pretty cool from the outside.

TARDIS Shower with curtain II.jpg
TARDIS Shower curtain windows II.jpg
MW (Noelle)

mulla

It's hugely satisfying when the simplest solution turns out the winner!
(It's what made me the man i am today ;D)