News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS Shower

Started by madwomanwithboxshower, Apr 09, 2012, 12:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

madwomanwithboxshower

Two Sides II.jpg

Two sides are now up permanently!!

We also spoke with the electrician today aka construction supervisor's BFF. Loved his ideas. With the shower head opposite the door he suggested putting up two weatherproof cage lights, one each on the left and right. The switch will be kept dry by putting it inside the "phone box" in the left door panel. And as Dino suggested the light on top will be on the same switch so it can serve as an "occupied" light.

I hadn't really thought about "the look" of the interior but with the cage lights and exposed cooper with industrial valves we are planning for the water it's going to have a very modern Doctor Who-ish streampunk look.

And look it's a very bad picture of me with power tools!
Power Tools II.jpg
MW (Noelle)

madwomanwithboxshower

And Then There Were Three.

Three sides shine II.jpg
I love this picture, it looks like it's about to take off.
MW (Noelle)

atomicgraph

This is really a neat use for a tardis. Eveything is lookin great. I'm lookin forward to seeing it all finished.

deck5

Looks great!  How will you do the top signs?

madwomanwithboxshower

Quote from: deck5 on Apr 17, 2012, 03:06 am
How will you do the top signs?

More molding pieces will go on the corners and instead of taking the boards off and routing them out I think we're going to place the decals behind plexiglass then frame them out and caulk it all well. 

I bought the decals from Outlaw http://www.outlawcustomdesigns.com/. I realize the font might not be perfect for this model but I'm okay with my TARDIS being a homage to more than one model. I love both the old and new.
MW (Noelle)

deck5

Quote from: madwomanwithboxshower on Apr 17, 2012, 06:41 pm
I bought the decals from Outlaw http://www.outlawcustomdesigns.com/. I realize the font might not be perfect for this model but I'm okay with my TARDIS being a homage to more than one model. I love both the old and new.

I'm with you there.  How do the decals look?  Their website shows a white background and black text.

madwomanwithboxshower

Apr 18, 2012, 12:26 am #21 Last Edit: Apr 18, 2012, 01:32 am by madwomanwithboxshower
Quote from: deck5 on Apr 17, 2012, 07:22 pm
I'm with you there.  How do the decals look?  Their website shows a white background and black text.

Here are pictures. You can get them printed in several ways. The decals themselves seen fine but they we're packed and shipped by a disgruntled chimpanzee. They should be fine if we take our time smoothing them on. The door decal lettering is transparent. The St. John is also a little too big. I'm not sure I'll use it.

Door Panel II.jpgPolice Box Decal II.jpgSt. John II.jpg
MW (Noelle)

galacticprobe

Apr 18, 2012, 04:11 am #22 Last Edit: Apr 18, 2012, 04:15 am by galacticprobe
If you want to use a St. John logo (Matt Smith version?) and you have a print shop nearby that can print a sticker for you from either a JPG, BMP, or MS Word document, shoot me a PM. I created both the simplified Hartnell and the Smith versions in this thread http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=1123.75 (correct as possible Smith version at the bottom of the page). I'd be happy to send you the files so you could get the logo printed at the correct size.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

madwomanwithboxshower

Thanks Dino. I may be in touch when it gets closer to time to apply them.
MW (Noelle)

madwomanwithboxshower

We have the roof! I posted a picture under workshop but wanted to post it here too for consistency.
Metal Roof II.jpg

I've also been thinking about landscaping around my TARDIS since it isn't mobile.
Like maybe English Roses
sharifa_asma English Rose.jpg

or this lovely statue
Angel II.jpg

;D
MW (Noelle)

warmcanofcoke

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Don't Blink!!!!!
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

warmcanofcoke

no really, fantastic start - the roses look great and the statue is a good touch. can't wait to see the completed effect.
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

madwomanwithboxshower

Quote from: possum96 on Apr 24, 2012, 12:20 am
Any chance of posting a cut list or specs? We're wanting to build this for a camp shower

I'll talk to the construction supervisor (hubby) and see if he has anything. The TARDIS part is basically the Bachacki prop specs with all treated lumber, 6x6 posts and a decking base. We haven't gotten to the pluming part yet. I think that's all still in his head. But I'm keeping up with everything and might have something when we're done.
MW (Noelle)

madwomanwithboxshower

Apr 25, 2012, 10:18 pm #28 Last Edit: Apr 25, 2012, 10:27 pm by madwomanwithboxshower
Lots of rain lately has cut into the TARDIS building. But there has been some progress.

The top is done and ready for the roof to be permanently affixed and painted.
Finished Roof II.jpg

The bottom panels that will be screened for shower reasons have been framed in to look finished.
Framed Panel Opening II.jpg

The windows have been given a coat of Olympic exterior satin in starry night (is that a perfect color name or what!) to seal it. Next step there is be to paint window trim I have white and get it up.
Window ready for Framing II.jpg

I'm also very excited about the giant 9" rain shower head I bought. I think it has a very gallifreyan look to it.
gallifreyan rain showerhead II.jpg

Hopefully the door will get up this weekend while I'm framing the windows.
MW (Noelle)

mulla

Apr 25, 2012, 10:54 pm #29 Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012, 04:25 am by mulla
This is one fast build....  I admire your dedication and it puts me to shame!