Apr 19, 2024, 08:36 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Jason's Custom 13th Doctor Question Mark Cane

Started by 13drwho, Mar 09, 2012, 02:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

13drwho

I like to design some of my own props. Some are versions of props from Sci-Fi (mostly Doctor Who), but some are completely original. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis so occasionally have to use a cane, so I thought "what if the Doctor needed a cane". This is my design for a question mark cane. I've been working on a 13th Doctor persona for a couple years. I've designed a costume and other props.

So here it is. let me know what you think.

question Mark Cane 13th Doctor color scheme.jpg
question Mark Cane 13th Doctor color scheme handle closeup.jpg

warmcanofcoke

since I've been attending college, over the years I started to suffer leg injuries in both my knees and ankles - it may have had something to do with the metric ton of books and school stuffs I was dragging around in my back pack on a daily basis ..... off and on I have had to use a cane. Recently I've begun to think I need to personalize my cane - if I have to have one it may as well be distinctive.  This is a cool cane. I need to make one in red. Great job!
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

13drwho

warmcanofcoke

why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

galacticprobe

Mar 09, 2012, 03:02 pm #4 Last Edit: Mar 09, 2012, 03:03 pm by galacticprobe
Wow! With my bum leg, I'd love to have a working umbrella built around that red cane!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Mark

Why not do it the other way around, have the umbrella covered in a fairly strong tube?

That was you have a walking cane but if it rains you just slide of the tube and hey presto! I suppose with a little thought you could have some handy addition to make the tube into a temporary cane for when you need the umbrella as well

galacticprobe

Mar 09, 2012, 03:12 pm #6 Last Edit: Mar 09, 2012, 03:13 pm by galacticprobe
Now that is a thought. And with a little umbrella fabric covering the tube, it would just look like an umbrella in a sleeve.

Mark, you're brilliant! ;D

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Mark

Not been told that for a long time, I could get used to it Dino  ;D

Might be going too far but if you made the question mark out of something strong, hinged it at the bottom you could have a great arse shaped folding seat walking cane!

Like the fabric idea btw. Would kinda finish it of nicely