Mar 29, 2024, 02:06 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Jason's Seventh Doctor Question Mark Umbrella

Started by 13drwho, Mar 06, 2012, 02:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

13drwho

Mar 06, 2012, 02:13 am Last Edit: Mar 06, 2012, 02:14 am by 13drwho
This is my version of the Seventh Doctor Question Mark Umbrella. I built the handle from a tutorial by DRWHOJR on the Doctor Who Costuming site dwcosplay. The tutorial was a really brilliant step by step video on YouTube. I did make some changes to the mounting to the umbrella, but the handle was made exactly like DRWHOJR's tutorial showed. Take a look and let me know what you think.

7th Doctor Question Mark Umbrella.jpg

Kingpin

Looks great, Jason.  Always good to see more builds of McCoy's umbrella.  :)  What's the black ribbed material you've used as the spacer between the dot and the rest of the question mark?

13drwho

Thank you.

The spacer is actually a cluge. I drilled the holes in the handle and ball before I bought the umbrella. That was really dumb. When I got the umbrella apart the shaft was smaller than I anticipated. To correct it I wrapped electrical tape around the shaft till everything fit snugly. I was concerned that the tape would tear or unwrap so I coated it in 5 minute epoxy for strength.

I intend to make another with what I learned on the first one. I have made several handles for another project so I have got it down pretty well. Thank you for looking!!