Apr 19, 2024, 12:21 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS mailbox

Started by ehekkert, Oct 04, 2011, 08:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

paulbatfay

Looking good!  An awesome box.

A word of encouragement... my tardis letterbox is still surviving out the front of the house after four months.  Just make sure your concrete base is nice and heavy so no-one steals it.

ehekkert

Mar 25, 2012, 06:18 pm #31 Last Edit: Mar 25, 2012, 06:19 pm by ehekkert
I just put the concrete base into the ground. It will be very unlikely that someone will steal it when it's on there.
The box is 40cm3 (+/- 16inch3) which holds about 125Kg (+/- 275 pounds) of concrete.

WP_000278 (Custom).jpgWP_000280 (Custom).jpg
WP_000282 (Custom).jpgWP_000283 (Custom).jpg
Quotations   It's not how many years you've lived, Will... but how you've lived them.

Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. But maybe time is also a companion who goes with us on our journey, and reminds us to cherish the moments of our lives... because they will never come again.

We are after all only mortal.

ehekkert

This afternoon/evening the TARDIS finally went outside. Too bad that by the time i was done it was already dark to make any decent pictures.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a nice day so that I can get some better quality pictures and put them on here. Below is the only, somewhat acceptable, one I was able to make tonight.

WP_000296 (Custom).jpg
Quotations   It's not how many years you've lived, Will... but how you've lived them.

Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. But maybe time is also a companion who goes with us on our journey, and reminds us to cherish the moments of our lives... because they will never come again.

Rassilons Rod

Great shot there, almost looks like a full size box :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

ehekkert

It seems that the nice sunny weather that we had last weekend and earlier this week has gone. No chance of getting any good pictures but i can't blame that completely on the weather, the garden needs work too. The Lavender bushes at the front need to go (most likely replace them with a small boxwood hedge) and the sandy part will be grass just as it is on the other side of the path to the front door. When that's done it TARDIS should look a little less out of place.

Garden (Custom).jpg WP_000302 (Custom).jpg

ehekkert

Mar 31, 2012, 06:42 pm #35 Last Edit: Apr 02, 2012, 10:43 am by ehekkert
I've just added up all the receipts for the materials and the tools that I needed to buy. Since tools can be used again I'm not including them in the costs I made for the TARDIS mailbox.

Total cost: €451.11 / $601 / £376

mulla

They don't come cheap, do they, these Tardis(es) what is the correct plural? and is there a collective noun?

I'm hiding all my receipts from my wife...  but what price your own blue box?