Apr 18, 2024, 10:41 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

A sonic screwdriver inspired by Teletran and Greatwazoo42

Started by tailgunner30uk, Feb 27, 2012, 05:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tailgunner30uk

Here I present for your delectation, pictures of the Classic styled sonic screwdriver constructed by myself, being inspired by the designs of Teletran and Greatwazoo42's build.  These represent the culmination of the build, before moving on to the next project.

teletran style screwdriver finished 002a.jpg

teletran style screwdriver finished 004a.jpg

teletran style screwdriver finished 005a.jpg

teletran style screwdriver finished 006a.jpg

teletran3 profile full side by side.jpg

support frame.jpg
Perhaps I'm old and tired, but I think that the chances of finding out what's actually going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say, "Hang the sense of it," and keep yourself busy. I'd much rather be happy than right any day.

Quote from Slartibartfast.  Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.

tailgunner30uk

Perhaps I'm old and tired, but I think that the chances of finding out what's actually going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say, "Hang the sense of it," and keep yourself busy. I'd much rather be happy than right any day.

tailgunner30uk

teletran style screwdriver finished 016a.jpg

teletran style screwdriver finished 014a.jpg

IMG_20120226_221005.jpg

IMG_20120226_220938.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to look through these pictures.  I appreciate that many have already been posted, but I wanted them to all be together to form a final collection.

greatwazoo42

That is very cool.  I like the changes you made to make it a unique piece.  Especially the change to the conical section and the head.  Very impressive work.  Bravo!

tailgunner30uk

Thank you Greatwazoo42 for your comments.  I may be attending the Memorabilia show in Birmingham at the end of March if I can afford it.  I'll try to get some pics when I am there. :)

the mister

the4th

like to do one with a red  led light out the head

asimov

Hi that is a cool sonic screwdriver.

What would be a neat feature if you could embed a laser into the head of the unit.
Or maybe this is a good idea. Current lasers you can buy would be too big to go into the head of the screw driver, but how about laser and battery in the handle.
The laser could go up the stem of the unit hitting a mirror at 45 degree angle in the head and it would look like it has a laser function.

------------------------------------------------------
Asimov