Jun 16, 2021, 08:22 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!


Mk 1 Hartnell TARDIS Console

Started by markofrani, Feb 03, 2012, 11:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

meantimebob

Oh boy, that is simply stunning. I can only add my praise to everyone else's. Fantastic work, you should be extremely proud of yourself, gorgeous console and terrifically nostalgic video.

Are you tempted to make a few other props as well as the brass lamp thingy? Skeleton clock and the Knossos chair maybe? Go on ;-)

type55tardis

so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

maverickjsmith

Maverick

Kingpin

Excellent, nice cinematography.  :)

Rassilons Rod

Superb! What is the height of that at 1:6 scale?
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

copernicus

That, sir, is simply stunning, I take my hat off to you. When are you going to start selling them ? :)

markofrani

Quote from: rassilonsrod on Apr 22, 2012, 08:10 pm
Superb! What is the height of that at 1:6 scale?



The console measures about 15 inches across and the height with the column raised is about 14 inches.

markofrani

Quote from: meantimebob on Apr 21, 2012, 11:04 pm
Oh boy, that is simply stunning. I can only add my praise to everyone else's. Fantastic work, you should be extremely proud of yourself, gorgeous console and terrifically nostalgic video.

Are you tempted to make a few other props as well as the brass lamp thingy? Skeleton clock and the Knossos chair maybe? Go on ;-)



Funny you should mention the Knossos chair, as I have just bought one. I'll post a photo of it when it arrives...
The clock I'm tempted to have a go at, though I haven't enough reference pics or templates to think about starting that at the moment.

Rassilons Rod

Ooh! No small beast there!

By the way, if you're interested in templates for the clock, I can help you :)

I made this one in 3D, using templates as a transparency mask.

Render10.jpg
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

markofrani

WOW! That's fantastic. Yes, I wondered if one had templates then maybe you could get the sections etched out of brass. I don't know a lot about the process but I have seen the amazing amount of detail you can achieve with this technique.

celation

Ah! How about a food machine?! Presumably it would be very similar techniques to those you've used on the console.

(You know - after you've built the eagle stand; the two chairs; pedestal and clock; and the armillary sphere. Obviously...)

:)

DoctorWho8

Oh I forgot to ask, do the doors actually open?  I know they are separate pieces, but are they hinged?
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

markofrani

Not at present. The plan is to hinge them when I get a chance.

markofrani

Quote from: celation on Apr 25, 2012, 09:28 pm
Ah! How about a food machine?! Presumably it would be very similar techniques to those you've used on the console.

(You know - after you've built the eagle stand; the two chairs; pedestal and clock; and the armillary sphere. Obviously...)

:)


Hamster on treadmill spings to mind! No I'll leave the food machine etc with you, when you finish YOUR console!  :)
Any progress? Haven't seen any new posts for a while...

celation

Heh heh.  ;D Fair enough.

Nope - little progress over here. Space rapidly becoming an issue - though I can work round that. The most I've managed is spray-painting a lever box...