Apr 18, 2024, 07:53 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Console X5

Started by timegalaxy5, Jan 03, 2012, 04:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

timegalaxy5

Hey guys, I am building a new console on sketch up and this shall be the looking glass so to speak, so every now and then I shall post some updates, currently I am working on the console. Its coming along kind of slowly as to me trying to figure out where to put what botton or lever. I plan to have some pictures on this thread by the end of the week of my progress. I also plan to have along the line of working on this, to have other rooms, like in the -Update of my 2002 Console- witch I admire, to have a library, a bedroom (like in the old shows), a study, OF course the main console room, possibly a secondary console room, a living room of sorts and some hall ways. I do plan to be patient on this building process, with much detail comes even more time. Pictures, as mentioned, will be arriving later in the week, maybe Friday, Saturday or sunday, I don't know which one, just by the end of the week sometime....um, okay so, yeah, comments are helpful to I think anyones building diary, help and support, cheers and adios

timegalaxy5
--------------------------TIMEGALAXY5------------------------

Mark

hmm, sounds interesting. Are you going to base it on any particular past or present console or is this going to be a flight of fancy?

It sounds like it's going to be one hell of a large model if you intend having all those different rooms as well. Good luck with this, can't wait to see how it comes along.

timegalaxy5

well, I am kind of going off of an older design mark, of the console design, but with lots of other added on things that I am making off of the idea of some of the things I am actually using for my actual console build. Yah, it does seem to be quite the interesting build and a big one, well wish me luck  ;)

timegalaxy5

Mark

Re- read my first comment TG5, I already did  ;D

timegalaxy5

Oh ha, sorry  :o haha, well thanks anyways lol

TG5

timegalaxy5

Mark

Looking good mate. Like the blend of old and new.

How long has it taken so far?

timegalaxy5

well, I have had the console in my files for about 6 months, and so i opened it up a week before i made this thread. So umm, a month? im not sure really, time gets away from me sometimes lol

timegalaxy7....i mean time galaxy5

handofomega

Timegalaxy 5 do you have the "extensions" setting on in your sketch-up?  It looks like it from the pics you posted.  The pics and design are great but the corners tend to be distracting because of the extensions being on.

timegalaxy5

heh, srry bout that, i keep forgetting about that...I will turn those off next time i post some more updates

timegalaxy5

thought I would put this, its not tottally done yet, but here it is..
console room shot 7.PNG

"5"

Rassilons Rod

Interesting, I like that ring at the top with the "Doctors Wife"/ Classic Series vibe :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

greatwazoo42

Very cool.  It makes the diameter of the console's control surfaces seem a bit small though. 

timegalaxy5

timegalaxy5

ok, i find that i am over populating myself with things...i am going to restart this build. I have already started on a new console, i shall work on the console until i feel it is complete. I shall then work on the room then maybe, Maybe, work on other rooms. So anyways, By the end of next week i should have some pictures up of the console. So anyways, till then  ;)