Apr 24, 2024, 07:18 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

11th Doctor Nutcracker 2011?

Started by tardis_builder, Dec 27, 2011, 06:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tardis_builder

Hi, I made this nutcracker for my son this Christmas. We both enjoy Doctor Who a lot. I took a cheap nutcracker and tore it apart, reshaping it with epoxy putty, reusing the hair and fitting in bits here and there as needed. I fashioned the fez from some cardboard and ribbon, the top button from a tack and the tassel from string. My oldest daughter suggested the question mark at the end of 2011 on the base. He loves it.doctor1a.jpgdoctor2a.jpgdoctor3a.jpgdoctor4a.jpgdoctor5a.jpg

DoctorWho8

That is very, very cool.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

slidin_sidewayz

Nutcracker? How's it work? The only ones I'm familiar with are a T handle on a thread inside a frame.  :-\

tardis_builder

You lift the lever on the back (middle of the jacket) which lowers the mouth on the front (where the bow tie is) insert a nut and press the lever down on the back. As these are mostly for decorative purposes these days, I am skeptical about their ability to endure sustained use. Ta

tardis_builder

Dec 28, 2011, 11:05 pm #4 Last Edit: Dec 28, 2011, 11:05 pm by tardis_builder
To give you an idea what work is involved, this is a picture of three nutcrackers...the one on the left is the original which will probably be Harry Potter next year, the 11th Doctor in the middle and Spock from Star Trek done in 2006.trio.jpg