Apr 19, 2024, 11:02 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Custom Central Collum

Started by robhowdle, Dec 07, 2011, 02:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

robhowdle

Hey everyone,

I have had some ideas for my Central Colum.

Idea 1) A large outer shell (Cylinder, for example Matt Smiths one) filled with water. I realise that water and electricity does not mix, both the hard way and from Doctor Who. However the outer shell will be filled with water, there will be another small cylinder in side it with an RGB LED Tube. I will try to program this tube to pulse the LED's in a certain that makes it look like it is moving up and down. Also I will get things like cans of pressurised air and what not and feed them into the tube so I can activate them and have bursts of bubbles etc. I do like the idea of the Liquid Cooling Tank thing underneath the glass floor in Matt Smiths TARDIS.

Idea 2) I also wanted to have the outer shell of this one covered with a metal sheet. The same idea with the RGB LED tube and same way of programming.You might be thinking well whats the point if there is a metal sheet covering it? I am going to cut out patches and markings all the way around to make it looks like there is only so much you are supposed to see however the TARDIS is so power it is giving off the impression that it is seeping through the protective plate. Designs to come :D

What do you think everyone?

I have no problem making it but the actual cost of this will rocket further than the TARDIS can fly methinks..

Rob
You make the whole of time and space your back yard and what do you have, a back yard... I can't see it anymore but you can, and when you see it I see it - Matt Smith, 11th Doctor

robhowdle

Here is a very amateurish drawing of the column with water in it.

Time Rotor.jpg
You make the whole of time and space your back yard and what do you have, a back yard... I can't see it anymore but you can, and when you see it I see it - Matt Smith, 11th Doctor

davidnagel

Interesting!

Is this something you intend to put into practise? Or only on the drawing board right now?
Regards
David

robhowdle

This is something I defiantly intend to put into practice. At the moment it's on the drawing board as it's going to be a big thing working out how I can get everything to fit together. The way I'm thinking at the moment is have one cylinder in the center, put the LED tube in there, make sure it's tight and water tight yet able to be removed for maintenance and replacing if needs be. I think it's going to be a bit tricky getting the wiring into the main console without getting water to seep in so I might just create a special cylinder which has the middle cut out that I can just glue together or something.

Still a big plan but should be something to tide my boring life over :P