Apr 12, 2021, 12:54 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Electrical Console Circuits

Started by robhowdle, Dec 07, 2011, 10:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

robhowdle

Hello all,

As an A* Electronics student I like to create many circuits for my console and would like to share them with people.

The first circuit I wanted to show you is one I created to replicate the 11th Doctor's TARDIS Console Demat Lever where as the lever is pulled down lights either turn on or change colour. Here I have it giong frmo red to green as the lever is pushed. I have used a variable resistor as the lever and when I design the case it will turn into a lever. What do you think?

If you want to use it thats fine but could you just pop a note on here letting me know :)

Rob
You make the whole of time and space your back yard and what do you have, a back yard... I can't see it anymore but you can, and when you see it I see it - Matt Smith, 11th Doctor

robhowdle

I am trying to create a 9V battery powered 3 way switched motor. This will control a blackout blind I have. There will be a main power switch and a 3 way toggle switch. In the center it will not move. The image below shows the simple circuit for doing this.  The center input shows the power switch.

Power Button - H Bridge.jpg
Power on.

One Way H Bridge.jpg
When the switch is flicked up the motor will turn one way and roll my blind up.

Other Way H Bridge.jpg
And when flicked the other way the blind will go the other way.
You make the whole of time and space your back yard and what do you have, a back yard... I can't see it anymore but you can, and when you see it I see it - Matt Smith, 11th Doctor

slidin_sidewayz

How does the motor know when to stop? Is it all manual? You could do this with a dpdt switch. Is there a way to make it automatically stop without limit switches? Perhaps with current sensing?

robhowdle

I could probably use a 555 Monostable circuit and calculated the Time Constant of how long it takes the blind to wind up to where i want it then add in variable resistors so I can alter this so after X seconds it will stop automatically. Good Idea thank you!