Apr 19, 2024, 03:28 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Console Rebuild

Started by timegalaxy5, Nov 29, 2011, 04:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

May 03, 2012, 07:59 pm #90 Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:59 pm by galacticprobe
That's some nice-looking wood grain showing there!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

timegalaxy5

Quote from: galacticprobe on May 03, 2012, 07:59 pm
That's some nice-looking wood grain showing there!

Dino.

thanks, considering that its plywood ;)
hope to be maybe getting some updates on this next week..

TG5
--------------------------TIMEGALAXY5------------------------

timegalaxy5

well, tommorrow I think I will be starting on the base of this console...so wish me luck on that...
other than other things, here is a stand up shot with a wooden table top that was round, that I snagged the legs off of it and used the table top, with the column on that. And actually, it fits almost perfect. So its not put together or fixed down yet, just tell me what you think....I should be getting some starter pictures up Friday or something like that, of what the base looks like ...

IMG_0493.JPG

TG5

galacticprobe

May 23, 2012, 06:22 am #93 Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 06:23 am by galacticprobe
I like it! That round top sort of fits the look well, and the color just about matches the light parts where you're planning to have those wood-burning markings on it: good color coordination. And if you're planning to have the column move up and down, you could cut a hole in the table top and use the cut out disc as the base of the column - something solid to anchor the column to, and for the lifting mechanism to push against at it raises the column.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

timegalaxy5

hey all, well, today I worked on the panels making them look just a bit nicer, I took off the six lever boxes because they looked all sloppy and stuff. So I hammered them off, took out the screws and put on a panel over where the holes for the levers used to be and now I have well, pictures next week. And I have said it times before, but next week I should really actually be starting on the base of the console. So yeah, and I also made those two big levers to have the levers work on them. Next week should be hopefully getting that base together and finishing up the other half of the console, then the next week should be assembling all of the console together. Well I can hope anyways....

TG5

timegalaxy5

well hey guys, today my friend and I were going to get the two sheets of plywood for the base of the console, but as soon as we got there they were closing up. So I just did some work on the console....here is what I did....
IMG_0495.JPG

I have a lever on this panel made from the under-stuff of the little levers...I like it better now, and
the two big levers work now....
IMG_0496.JPG

tell me what you all think and I should have some pictures up tommorrow of the base...

TG5

galacticprobe

May 31, 2012, 03:40 am #96 Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 03:40 am by galacticprobe
Coming along very nicely!

Dino.

timegalaxy5

thanks glacticprobe, and sorry bout the miss type, by having pictures of the base up tommorrow I meant, friday or so, I am not quite certain yet however...in my own time I suppose

TG5

galacticprobe

Jun 01, 2012, 05:21 am #98 Last Edit: Jun 01, 2012, 05:22 am by galacticprobe
Your time... anyone's time... It's all relative. Although, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, time is more of a big ball... ;)

Dino.

timegalaxy5

well, hey there guys, I had got the ply wood today and cut everything I needed and took the last half of the console back into my garage to be stained. I should be getting some screws next-week to assemble the base and also be putting the wheels onto it. Then it should be nearly done.
Well yeah, just something to say. I should be posting up some pictures tommorrow or the next day of the other half of the console as it will be stained.  :) Wish me luck

TG5

timegalaxy5

hey guys,
well I think I did say that I had the other half of the console in my garage right? well I think I did, well here is a picture of it in there, not stained yet, I hope to do that tommorrow or something...
IMG_0503.JPG

tell me watcha think

TG5

galacticprobe

Jun 12, 2012, 02:27 am #101 Last Edit: Jun 12, 2012, 02:27 am by galacticprobe
Interesting use of the empty CD cases. I like it. Now I'm curious to see what you intend to with them. Lighting inside them? Buttons, levers, or both on the outside? Combination thereof?

Dino.

timegalaxy5

i might possibly use some push on lights, for the backs of where those are, my friend was over the other day and so I just sort of put random stuff everywhere, so those CD cases might move...

TG5

timegalaxy5

hey all  :D I haven't really been working on the console at all, I still need a way to get electricity out to the garage. Maybe an extension cord through the cardboard window. Hmm. Anyway, I have been working furiously on the guts of my time machine.
IMG_0530.JPG

This thing is made out of a lazy Suzann, its the motherboard for the time circuits
IMG_0531.JPG

and I'm not sure what this is...Any suggestions? I'm not good at naming things..
IMG_0532.JPG

well, it might look like junk or it may be believable...oh well, tell me what u think :) and if you guys have suggestions for any other time parts i should make then go for it ;)

TG5

galacticprobe

Jul 10, 2012, 09:29 pm #104 Last Edit: Jul 10, 2012, 09:29 pm by galacticprobe
Well, thinking back to "Time Flight", that last photo looks like it could be either a Temporal Limiter or a Quantum Accelerator.

Dino.