Apr 25, 2024, 01:35 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Console Rebuild

Started by timegalaxy5, Nov 29, 2011, 04:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

timegalaxy5

oh, that stupid thing...I had thrown it away in the dumpster along with the other pieces of the last console. I do think the salvage place that I went to the last time, had more of that stuff, so well, if I can get a hold of some more money then I will get like two more sheets of plywood and make the plinth, but if I cant then that tube stuff will have to do

TG5
--------------------------TIMEGALAXY5------------------------

galacticprobe

Mar 31, 2012, 06:20 am #61 Last Edit: Mar 31, 2012, 06:20 am by galacticprobe
"You never know when these bits and pieces will come in handy. Never throw anything away, Harry." - 4th Doctor to Harry Sullivan: "The Sontaran Experiment" ;D

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

timegalaxy5

well, it was really sort of wobbly and unstable and for the last console I had stuck random things to it that would probably never come off again
I will find something  ;)

TG5

the mister

Haha wow, you don't cease to amaze me with you innovativeness. That top plate is so original and cool! Btw I really recommend Christmas lights. all the lighting in my TARDIS is Christmas lights. You just bunch them up all facing the same direction and tie it with string or wire. And thanks for the shout out haha

timegalaxy5

haha no problem for that mister, As of recently the power that I had running to the garage (aka. the plug in, in the kitchen with I had an extension wire running through, that plug in, well it failed) so I have to use the click on lights and things like that, and If they just don't work or anything, replace batteries or I can just get a new one, Where I get them, they are only a buck (without batteries)

TG5

timegalaxy5

well, just went to Ace hardware, and got some things for my levers and also some hinges and one switch
IMG_0465.JPG
it should all be hopefully going on my console, Wednesday, well, till then

TG5

timegalaxy5

hey all, well here's what all i did for today, i cut the rest of the holes i need in the panels for all the bits that actually fit into the panels and i assembled the first half of the console and fixed the middle panel to the thing and the two other panels are hinged,
like this
IMG_0467.JPG
and then here it is as it will look normally and its awesome  ;D
IMG_0466.JPG
its all attached, i just need to next week assemble the other half and then stain everything, I plan to paint the lever casings white and another thing i did was yesterday i got some sculpey clay that you bake after you sculpt, because i couldn't find any knobs for the small levers that were how i want, so i made them  ;) and so today i baked them and then after they were hard enough, i painted them. I had counted on the old console that there were 9 red knobs and 5 yellow ones, so that's how many i painted of each.
tell me what you all think  ;) ;D
comments always help everyones stamina

TG5

atomicgraph

its looking good i like all the gadgets you have for it, especially the radio with the gage on it. great idea using sculpy to make the knobs out of.

timegalaxy5

radio with a gauge on it?  ??? i think you might mean one of those pieces of music equipments on the far right panel, is it? well i think it is what you are talking about, yeah both of those are pieces of music equipment, my dad makes music and when something breaks then he sometimes gives it to me and i am more than happy to take it from him ;D

TG5

the mister

atomicgraph

yep thats what i was referring to. it just looked like something from an old component stereo.... any way its perfect looking for a console part

timegalaxy5

Quote from: the mister on Apr 05, 2012, 11:55 pm
wow it's cool!

haha thanks mister, glad you like it, because I like yours and well, Vise Versa I guess

Quote from: atomicgraph on Apr 06, 2012, 12:28 am
yep thats what i was referring to. it just looked like something from an old component stereo.... any way its perfect looking for a console part

cool, yah, thats just another one of those things that you cant really put your thumb on unless you know what it is

TG5

timegalaxy5

this is a comment not an update, well sort of an update, I cleaned out the garage more and now I have room for me to actually run around the console if need be.

timegalaxy5

timegalaxy5

hey all, just talked over with the house owner (a.k.a Mom) and an electrician that is a friend of ours was going to come by the house sometime in the next two weeks or so and because the outlet that the fridge was plugged into blew and its plugged into a different one now, but the plug is right next to the garage wall (like the garage is on the other side) and mom agreed that I could have an outlet installed in the garage so that means I shall have power in my console room! ;D and also another thing, I have a piece of plywood about 13in wide and 8ft tall so I was going to cut strips out of it about three to four inches wide and since the garage is 8ft tall I was going to have those strips going from floor to ceiling and I was going to build a room for my console :) and I was going to try and have a police box as the door ;) so more to come soon, oh here's a picture I made on the computer of what the wall might look like,
console room wall.png

well that's all for meow, ha-ha I mean now

TG5

timegalaxy5

well hey all, tomarrow I will be finishing up the other half of the console and I just went to the store and got two more hinges for the other half of the panel, just one though, I thought that this design for how the panels open would be better than my other design..
console layout 4hinges.png
so yeah, oh and I asked at Ace if they had any crackle paint and they said that they had discontinued it and put it in the one dollar bin, but it had all gone, so yeah, guess I have to look at another store for that  ;)

TG5