Apr 25, 2024, 04:30 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Hartnell Update

Started by rob49152, Nov 22, 2011, 04:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rob49152

well I started work on re-building the hartnell TARDIS console with more detail. Little did I expect to be rebuilding every single nut and bolt on the set!! But I am much happier with this version

This is what I've got so fartest.jpg

rob49152

the workshop area
test1.jpg

galacticprobe

Nov 22, 2011, 07:56 am #2 Last Edit: Nov 22, 2011, 07:56 am by galacticprobe
WOW! That side by side with the original photo is amazing! If you didn't tell anyone it was a render they would never know. (Now, if you added some color to that render, it would make a perfect backdrop for a Hartnell TARDIS build, once it was enlarged, that is. :))

Maybe you could even get it made into a wallpaper for someone's house (since wallpapers seem to be cropping up now ;)).

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

celation

This is truly amazing, Rob. Quite incredible.

kert gantry

Bee-utiful.  Nice to see you don't mind including the odd bit of 'actually-it's-a-tv-studio' business (in this case, the electricity cables to the console).  In these days of everything being super-slick, I find that stuff endearing.

markofrani

Rassilons Rod

I've been following this with Aaron on Facebook. Rob knows how much I love it :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

DoctorWho8

You just need a rouge boom mic and you'd be set.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Rassilons Rod

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

ehekkert

Now if you can produce a 3d life like doctor (and companions) you can start recreating parts of the lost episodes.  :D
Quotations   It's not how many years you've lived, Will... but how you've lived them.

Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. But maybe time is also a companion who goes with us on our journey, and reminds us to cherish the moments of our lives... because they will never come again.

We are after all only mortal.

galacticprobe

Nov 22, 2011, 09:31 pm #10 Last Edit: Nov 23, 2011, 06:56 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: kert gantry on Nov 22, 2011, 10:41 am
Nice to see you don't mind including the odd bit of 'actually-it's-a-tv-studio' business (in this case, the electricity cables to the console).  In these days of everything being super-slick, I find that stuff endearing.

I sort of relate this aspect of the Hartnell console room to that of the 9th/10th Doctor console room: cables visible, and in the latter literally everywhere. I also think of it as the TARDIS was indeed ancient when the Doctor "borrowed" her, and having cables run like that was probably a necessity at times to keep the Old Girl going.

Imagination: yes, I do like to let it run. (Besides, IMHO, reality sucks! So to quote Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute my own." ;D)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

maverickjsmith

Another "OMGWTF LOOK AT IT!" from Rob ;D

A-fricking-mazing rob.

Maverick 8)
Maverick

BeeblePete

Nov 23, 2011, 11:22 pm #12 Last Edit: Nov 25, 2011, 02:38 pm by petertheta
Quote from: rob49152 on Nov 22, 2011, 04:20 am
well I started work on re-building the hartnell TARDIS console with more detail

So this is why my messages on who3d are still unapproved!

Srsly tho - a-flipping-mazing.

- Pete

EDIT:  Much obliged! My thanks, in digital form: Idealised Hartnell Floorplan

rob49152

Just playing around with panorama rendering. Its a big file and takes a while to load completely. It'll bring up a low-res version then keep loading in the background
http://interocitor-media.com/console/panoHUGE2_out.swf

DarthMoose74

WOW! A lot of work there! Looks great!!!