Apr 18, 2024, 01:35 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Flat Journal

Started by AtomsInTime, Oct 25, 2011, 02:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AtomsInTime

So, about 4 months ago, I had a spare weekend (rare these days...) and after being inspired by Elvis Gump's one I thought I'd give it a shot...

So I kindly received the template from him and began my work
PICT0012.JPG

I then remembered I had to find something to make this out of...I searched high and low and finally found a diary I never used, unfortunately it was slightly too large but after a good trimming it was good to begin work!
PICT0013.JPG
PICT0014.JPG
PICT0015.JPG

So after backing the template with cardboard, I cut out the parts I needed and began to glue...
PICT0016.JPG
PICT0017.JPG

And finally after a coat of paint it was done!
PICT0019.JPG

I know it looks nothing like it does on DW and is flat, but I only spent 2 days on it and was too impatient to find a better matching book...

I would have posted this sooner, but it's taken me a while to realise that the reason the internet kept crashing every time I tried to upload something, was because the photos were way too large...
PICT0020.JPG

galacticprobe

Oct 25, 2011, 03:59 pm #1 Last Edit: Oct 25, 2011, 04:01 pm by galacticprobe
Don't be too hard on yourself. For a two-day quick "build", that diary looks pretty frackin' good! And with the future sonic sitting on it like that, it just shouts "Forest of the Dead", scene near the end before the Doctor dashes back for it.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

rocket

I agree, it looks pretty good to me too 8)
Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

Elvis Gump