Jul 19, 2024, 12:58 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Sillysparrowness' collapsable and foldable TARDIS

Started by sillysparrowness, Oct 20, 2011, 01:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maverickjsmith

If you look she's holding her ponytail away from the jigsaw, I think she's got her hair covered ;D

Maverick 8)
Maverick

Rassilons Rod

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

irwin

The bag of shame is hilarious! I have had need of it many times during my construction. My windows will when installed be inside out as I realised that I routered the glass pane recesses on the wrong sides!

Rassilons Rod

The bag of shame will probably become an internet meme :)
Public Enema Number One.

dustyfro

It's good to see another Time Lady with power tools!  I am fine with the radial arm saw, but after a kickback from the table saw caught me in the stomach, I had my uncle do the rest of the table sawing.
x Hannah

type55tardis

Your doing brilliantly I can't wait to see the finished result.
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

sillysparrowness

The door sign has arrived! I'm overly exited, maybe because this is the first part of my TARDIS that actually looks like what it's supposed to be...

5telephonesign.jpg

I ordered it on the internet (I briefly thought about making one myself and then decided that this is one of these things that need to look professional, otherwise the whole TARDIS is going to look like crap). Although it almost looks like stainless steel with engraved letters, it actually is dibond with printed letters. It's really light, obviously cheeper than stainless steel (not a bargain though, it cost 64 Euros) and weatherproof, although I didn't need it to be.
For the order, I typed and layouted the letters myself (using Times New Roman and Arial). I was a bit nervous about the spaces between the letters and the lines, but it seems to fit. I mean... close enough, isn't it?

deck5

Quote from: sillysparrowness on Oct 30, 2011, 11:55 pmI mean... close enough, isn't it?

Looks good to me!  64 Euros, though -- quite a price.

sillysparrowness

Yeah... But obviously, building a TARDIS isn't really about economic efficiency... and it made me sooo happy!  ;D

deck5

maverickjsmith

Nice! That sign will look splendid on your TARDIS!

Maverick 8)
Maverick

DoctorWho8

Very nice!  If you never need to make a new sign using the NST layout, instead of Arial, use VAG Rounded Thin for the Eccelston/Tennant style or Gill Sans Regular for the Smith Style.  But it doest look the part.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

action_mat

Oct 31, 2011, 02:33 pm #27 Last Edit: Oct 31, 2011, 02:34 pm by action_mat
Looking good so far, well done. :)

Power tools and your hair in a couple of those pictures does worry me though!  :o

sillysparrowness

Right you are, which is why I normally pin my hair up when I'm working. Thoughtless, thoughtless... Nothing happend so far though.

Rassilons Rod

Hey, you're doing a great job and your box is coming on a treat!

No more putting yourself down ok? :)
Public Enema Number One.