Jul 23, 2024, 08:46 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Chrome Door Handles! Hooray, finally!

Started by Gavvers, Sep 22, 2011, 10:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavvers

Sep 22, 2011, 10:30 pm Last Edit: Sep 22, 2011, 10:31 pm by Gavvers
Hi, after hours and hours of fruitless searching for chrome handles in two different sizes, for the door and "pull to open" door, I came to realise I was looking for the wrong thing. I had been searching endless monotonous websites for "bow handles", but the correct term is "Sash Handles". When I googled this, there are hundreds of outlets in in the UK. Searching for "Bow handles" gave me no end of sites selling very fancy "modern and contemporary" handles, and needless to say, I got a bit bored of this quite quickly! I've settled for a 152mm one and a 100mm one. Available in brass too! Hope this helps, Gavvers sash.jpg

superrichi1a

They're a very, very nice alternative to the Liberty Bell Tennant handles (if in gold), and not too shabby an alternative to the Smith handles (of course, if you're picky, there are two screw holesinsstead of one, but who's going to notice?!
Nice find there Gavvers! :)
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

rocket

I had no idea they were so hard to come by in the UK. My local hardware store had them in both chrome and satin finish, so I picked up a set of each before eventually painting the satin handles and using them.
Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

pod

handles.jpg

I found these handles in both sizes in a door store in Northern Ireland a few years ago. They had brass liberty ones there, but I thought these chrome ones were closer to what I needed (although I grabbed the liberties as well. You might say I took some liberties, as it were  ;D). Handles like these, with four screw holes, and simply impossible to find in any store here in Australia, but they seemed to grow on trees in the UK.