Jul 15, 2024, 07:32 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Season 14 Console Panel Control Layouts

Started by Scarfwearer, Aug 24, 2011, 04:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

warmcanofcoke

That having been said I like Celation's layout.
2desks_zpsjcttpqni.jpg
I think if there were an official layout of controls, this should be it.
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

Rassilons Rod

If I ever make it, I'm totally going for the Symmetrical look XD
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

warmcanofcoke

Mar 24, 2015, 11:25 pm #62 Last Edit: Mar 24, 2015, 11:26 pm by warmcanofcoke
I salute you. Always make the thing you want, and don't let anyone tell you different. I think you have made a wise choice, and I look forward to the build.... also you won't have to buy as many rectangle switches as I did, so you have saved money there.  :D

galacticprobe

Mar 25, 2015, 06:21 am #63 Last Edit: Mar 25, 2015, 06:35 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: warmcanofcoke on Mar 24, 2015, 06:52 pm
It looks like there is something above the blue row of rectangle buttons in this image. * also I can just make out something white at the end of the blue row that could be a light.- It could be another rectangle with a light above and below it. If only the camera angle didn't obscure the view of this panel.

Again looking at this image (lightened)...
AuxCon030B_zpsjlyoudny2.jpg
That "white spot" (top yellow arrow) looks like it's just a reflection of lighting because it's got a blue hue around it, and it's directly above the green and orange "K-9 switches" (as Marc called them). If there was a white button it would be next to that column of buttons, but there is no sign of it.

Also, above the blue row of K-9 switches, it still doesn't look like there are any round buttons: some light reflection (stage lighting?), but no row of buttons like on the other panel. (On the panel to the left you can see the black buttons across the top, but on the panel on the right it's just a dark grey blur: no buttony definition to it.) So I think celation's original drawing showing that panel without the mesh, white round buttons, or black round buttons across the top might have been right all along.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

warmcanofcoke

Mar 25, 2015, 12:43 pm #64 Last Edit: Mar 25, 2015, 12:48 pm by warmcanofcoke
Looks like you are right Dino - I was so busy squinting at that screen grab from around 10 minutes in that  I failed to squint at a screen grab from around 4 minutes 26 seconds in.

The Panel Does not have the white rectangle with the lights just above and below.
not%20there_zps4firtbhj.jpg
It looks like I was confused by one of those little red office supply stickers.

However from this fresh screen grab it looks like there is a row of something black and button like on this panel.
Something%202_zps78nzjszp.jpg
Something_zpse89trhxm.jpg

I will revise the diagram..... from this new information.

Rassilons Rod

Public Enema Number One.

warmcanofcoke

The Panel Layout updated by the fresh information.
season%2014%20console-Recovered_zps0ermxgcx.jpg

The Combined layout if there are two desks- updated.

ideal_zpsvuuxkn8i.jpg

Rassilons Rod

Wow, a continuity error within 7 seconds I'm Hand of Fear? must be a new record :D
Public Enema Number One.

galacticprobe

Mar 26, 2015, 12:19 am #68 Last Edit: Mar 26, 2015, 12:20 am by galacticprobe
Well, with that grab lightened up enough, I guess there are some round buttons above that top blue row of K-9 switches after all. (I guess I just couldn't lighten it up enough.)

I do have one question on this panel, though:
Stickers.jpg
That "bottom" row of the blue buttons (between the red arrows)... are those actually stickers on those K-9 buttons? Or is that look caused by the brightness if the bulbs inside the switches? (In the other switches you can see the bright center where the bulbs are, so I'm wondering if it's not the same case with this bottom blue row, or if those were some of those stickers that were added in later episodes.)

This diagram on the whole looks outstanding!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

warmcanofcoke

Mar 26, 2015, 01:57 am #69 Last Edit: Mar 26, 2015, 01:59 am by warmcanofcoke
Those are stickers that are on both the red and blue rectangle buttons rows and the first button of the other color rows. That particular set are seen in The Robots of Death.

Rassilons Rod

I think we've got it nailed now. The shots from Assassin and Robots seem to confirm a fixed arrangement, to my mind.

I'm still marveling at the asymmetric nature of the layout and I'm wondering if this was a stock item that they modified. Perhaps in that case it originally had 3 desks in a Y shape... Who knows... :D

But great that we're all on the same page now :)
Public Enema Number One.

warmcanofcoke

Quote from: rassilonsrod on Mar 29, 2015, 12:47 pm
I'm still marveling at the asymmetric nature of the layout

True but the arrangement works great if you were to use it as a nightstand. A place to put you phone, glasses, keys, tv remote, etc. I'd hate to have to fumble in the night trying to get to the other side to reach something I needed.  ;D

warmcanofcoke

Apr 15, 2015, 12:33 am #72 Last Edit: Apr 15, 2015, 12:48 am by warmcanofcoke
Well .... looks like I missed a detail....
lights%20fantastic_zpszymr0wlq.jpg

A%20light_zpslytnbbs8.jpg

I think the blue panel mirrors the orange panel.

.... I'll have a revision up in a moment.

*edit Done:

season%2014%20console%20new_zpsjcwl7mrf.jpg
ideal_newi_zpsb3jcqbqw.jpg

warmcanofcoke

Apr 15, 2015, 01:27 am #73 Last Edit: Apr 15, 2015, 01:39 am by warmcanofcoke
After looking at the Photo with the guards again, it looks like that light on the blue panel is in line with the green row of buttons. I have no idea if the Blue panel has any additional detail.
season%2014%20console-best_zpsgk7xbomf.jpg
ideal_new_zpshcdrq8yl.jpg
I'd throw at least one additional light on that panel to even it out * but this is the information from what we can see.

Edit * also I can't tell what colour that mystery light is. Could it be the top of a green yellow red sequence?

speculation%20_zpsrmiqjbau.jpg

galacticprobe

Apr 15, 2015, 05:48 am #74 Last Edit: Apr 15, 2015, 06:00 am by galacticprobe
Does this help at all?
lightsfantastic-original.jpg
(Lightened as much as I dared, and sharpened a bit.)

It shows up a bit darker when posted than it does on my screen when I lightened it, but on my screen, that is a white, round light, and I can't see anything else under it, either because the angle doesn't allow it, or there is nothing there. Judging by the other panels' round white lights and the size of the screen between them, I think it's at least safe to say there isn't a screen under this white light. Now if we could find a shot of this blue panel from a higher angle, where we might see down on it a little further, then maybe we could know for sure, or at least have a better guess if something else is below that light.

But for now, Nate, your rendition of that blue pane with the one white light next to the green row, I think is the best one of that panel to date. Well spotted!

Dino.