Apr 23, 2024, 08:20 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Basic Sketchup console tutorial

Started by AtomsInTime, Sep 05, 2010, 07:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AtomsInTime

Sep 05, 2010, 07:10 am Last Edit: Sep 05, 2010, 11:30 pm by Scarfwearer
Hi, I'm really interested in building a TARIS interior in sketch up but I have absolutely no idea how to make one! Do you think you could give me a few tips on how to make the console?

Thanks

12thdoctor

Quote from: atomsintime on Sep 05, 2010, 07:10 am
Hi, I'm really interested in building a TARIS interior in sketch up but I have absolutely no idea how to make one! Do you think you could give me a few tips on how to make the console?

Thanks

I put a brief tutorial for the basic console shape here...

http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=2084.msg19392;topicseen#msg19392

AtomsInTime

oh thanks! You don't know how helpful this was! I'm in the process of making one right now!

robhowdle

Hey Atoms,

Just read it, I was able to figure out how to do this, the only problem I had was I don't know how to angle the panels. Normally you would have the bottom of the panel attached to the edge of the console and then the opposite side of the panel would be angled up to the top of the console just underneather the time rotor, just as you have done on your tutorial. My question is how do you angle the panels? My panels just seem to stay flat and whenever I get on side right the other follows and refuses to be angled.

Thanks a lot

Rob
You make the whole of time and space your back yard and what do you have, a back yard... I can't see it anymore but you can, and when you see it I see it - Matt Smith, 11th Doctor

12thdoctor

Where exactly are you having trouble, Rob?  PM me and I'll see if we can figure this thing out.

semax

Jul 09, 2013, 09:22 am #5 Last Edit: Jul 09, 2013, 09:22 am by semax
I am following your guide for building a tardis console and i was wondering about the lengths, you've said the hexagon you started with has a diameter of a foot and a half, but the shown lengths say it has a radius of 1 and as half feet, for the larger hexagon, is the lengths in diameter or radius.
At the fall of the great, true fear and resentment will be felt.

DoctorWho8

Sadly you may not get an answer.  The guy hasn't been on here for over 18 months.  But if you go to his profile, his email is listed, so try that route.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff