Mar 29, 2024, 02:19 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

60s TARDIS Interior

Started by kert gantry, Aug 04, 2011, 04:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tony farrell

Oct 03, 2017, 08:14 pm #45 Last Edit: Oct 03, 2017, 08:16 pm by Tony Farrell
The doors were fitted with a drive mechanism (which appears to have been akin to a bicycle chain) hidden beneath two curved covers (one on either side of each door). The mechanism turned a rod which was welded to each of the doors' hinges. The mechanism was fitted for An Unearthly Child (transmitted version) at the bottom of each door with the turning rod being attached to the bottom hinge. In Season 15, the mechanism was moved to the top of each door and the rod now operated the top hinge.

You might want to have a look at this small topic: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=4825.0   :)

T

kert gantry

Quote from: Tony Farrell on Oct 03, 2017, 08:14 pm
The doors were fitted with a drive mechanism (which appears to have been akin to a bicycle chain) hidden beneath two curved covers (one on either side of each door). The mechanism turned a rod which was welded to each of the doors' hinges. The mechanism was fitted for An Unearthly Child (transmitted version) at the bottom of each door with the turning rod being attached to the bottom hinge.

Well, I ain't making that in miniature!  ;)

troughtonstrousers

Absolutely gorgeous

Davros Skaro

Just wondering how this is going or if there are any advancement on it? look forward to seeing more of this.

Chris.
Chris.

kert gantry

Jan 28, 2018, 11:06 pm #49 Last Edit: Jan 29, 2018, 12:05 am by kert gantry
Quote from: Davros Skaro on Jan 28, 2018, 06:56 am
Just wondering how this is going or if there are any advancement on it? look forward to seeing more of this.

Chris.

Aw, at this stage I'm amazed anyone remembers this build, let alone cares!  :)

Still working on bits of it in what passes for my spare time, though the scatter-gun way I do things means all the different elements are coming together painfully slowly. If only the days were twice as long...

OK, here's one thing that may be update-worthy. Was going to hold back until it was a little more advanced, but in the meantime...

tardisceiling1.JPG

tardisceiling2.JPG

Davros Skaro

Oh we are always interested to see how things work out, I like how you did your walls & doors, I'm trying to sort some plans out for if & when I can get my new shelves done, to put behind my figures, so yes we're still interested. Also like whet you've done for you console.

Chris.
Chris.

kert gantry

Jan 29, 2018, 09:08 am #51 Last Edit: Jan 29, 2018, 12:46 pm by kert gantry
Thanks very much, Davros Skaro.  :)

I'll try to keep going with this, and post updates (if nothing else, you can all view it as a cautionary tale).

I did have a Ceiling Canopy built to quite an advanced stage before this. Then Tony Farrell gave us his amazing set plans - and I realised I'd made it far too small!

The poor console's been sitting neglected for ages. All those little controls are a bit intimidating. I guess the slowness of all this does at least enable me to add in a little unplanned-for verisimilitude sometimes. Am now going to make each console panel fin dividable down the centre; a feature that wasn't widely known when this build was started all that time ago!