Apr 19, 2024, 06:39 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Timeflight - Concorde Reference

Started by warmcanofcoke, Aug 04, 2011, 02:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

warmcanofcoke

Aug 04, 2011, 02:01 pm Last Edit: Nov 17, 2016, 03:15 am by warmcanofcoke
Went to the Museum of Flight in Seattle Washington and got to have a Doctor Who adventure.

The Museum of Flight houses one of the last Concorde aircraft in existence (on loan from British Airways). But maybe I can find a little Doctor Who in the (Air &) Space Museum.
Time-Flight_novel.jpg
DSC07814.jpg
DSC07816.jpg
DSC07818.jpg
time-flight_bigger_6925.jpg
DSC07821.jpg
DSC07822.jpg
DSC07824.jpg
DSC07830.jpg
DSC07831.jpg
DSC07833.jpg
DSC07834.jpg
DSC07844.jpg
DSC07843.jpg
DSC07845.jpg
DSC07846.jpg
DSC07847.jpg
DSC07864.jpg
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

warmcanofcoke

Rassilons Rod

Nice set of grabs you made here :)

The plane in Faceless Ones was a Vickers VC-10 which, coincidentally, i have been working on ;)

2011-05-05_01_Fuselage.jpg

There are many references online for that cockpit :)
google
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

warmcanofcoke

DoctorWho8

Speedbird Concorde 192, preparing for takeoff.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

warmcanofcoke

Doctor Who Fan Visits the Concorde aircraft in Seattle 2011 at the Museum of Flight. Concorde featured in the Doctor Who story TimeFlight.
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9xDU07KxUw8"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

type55tardis

Aug 10, 2011, 07:18 am #6 Last Edit: Aug 10, 2011, 07:29 am by type55tardis
If any UK fans want to see Concorde ,The original test aircraft is on display at the Imperial War Museum R.A.F. Duxford,in Cambridge (Right next to junction 10 M11) It's a bit expensive but the museum is massive and worth every penny.incidentally the ground to air rocket featured on the cover of the Pertwee story `The mind of evil' is there aswell.

111px-Mind_of_Evil_novel.jpg

SPM_A016.JPG
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

warmcanofcoke

very cool I'm glad to know that at least 2 Concordes still exist. :D

Scarfwearer

There's also a Concorde (002) at the Fleet Air Arm Museum in Somerset. Once a year at about this time there's a TARDIS parked under it. And when that happens the museum is overrun with an invasion of Daleks...

Crispin

warmcanofcoke

That makes me Happy =D Oneday I will have to get a photograph <3

exleo

There are five concorde still surviving and all are in various museums. They have all been stripped of their electrics and most internal engine parts, all except for one in France which still retains certain working parts such as the nose cone motors so that they can demonstrate how those parts moved.
One was of course destroyed in the single crash in concorde' history and the other six that were built were all broken down for spare parts.......

warmcanofcoke

A sad end for such a wonderful aircraft. I'm glad there are at least 5 of them left. I had foolishly thought the noise the engines were making meant that it was still quite functional. I thought of the compressed air supply Tegan used in the show as I heard the sound of the engines that was both audible outside as well as the apparent air conditioning that was functioning on the inside. I had suspected that as the aircraft is on loan to the Museum of Flight in Seattle, that British Air would have to retrieve it somehow should they wish to reclaim it one day. ... however It could still be possible it has been stripped of necessary components used in flight.  :'(

Scarfwearer

There's a wikipedia article about the aircraft here: Concorde Aircraft Histories. Apparently there were 20 built, and 18 still exist.

Crispin

warmcanofcoke

Thank you Crispin I'll be sure to give it a read  :D