Apr 20, 2024, 03:50 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Scarfwearer's TARDIS

Started by Scarfwearer, Feb 10, 2009, 09:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Nov 20, 2016, 06:00 am #45 Last Edit: Nov 20, 2016, 06:02 am by galacticprobe
Well, actually, my comment was intended as a joke - a TARDIS jam-packed that full of food stuffs. If you can pack a nearly-infinite TARDIS interior so full that it's literally got items crammed up to the main doors, then you are getting ready for the end of, well, everything! ;D

On the practical side, when the wife and I lived in Pennsylvania (Pocono Mountains) in our high school years, our parents would do the same thing with the food shopping because the closest stores were 35 minutes' drive away. And our water came from a well: a deep one with an electric pump to bring water pressure to the house. (In one dry spell in the early 1990s, my mother had to have the well deepened by 75 feet because it had gone dry thanks to the water table dropping. And when the power went out, once the water pressure in the holding tank was spent, it was that 35-minute drive to buy several gallons of bottled water for drinking. So I know what you mean about the economics of bulk shopping.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"