Apr 28, 2024, 03:06 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Refurbished console in progress

Started by timegalaxy5, Aug 08, 2011, 07:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

timegalaxy5

hey, im building a new console in sketchup...there is a problem tho ??? I dont know how to make these, the black round things on the scanners...
console....png

if anyone could show me the easy~est way to make these on Google Sketch~up, that would be great, thanks

timegalaxy5
--------------------------TIMEGALAXY5------------------------

handofomega

The best thing I can tell you to do is to make a double walled cylinder and extend it out MUCH farther than you think you would need to off of the console panel.   Then make a rectangle at the angle you want to cut off, be sure to make it in the middle of the cylinder so that the angle passes through the cylinder completely with no edges touching the cylinder.  then highlight the angled rectangle and click on the intersect function.  Now erase everything you don't need to keep.  Colour and enjoy.

maverickjsmith

Just like Omega said.

Create a rectangle at the angle you'd like the slice to be and place it intersecting the cylinder. Though, you'll have to select both the cylinder and the rectangle or sketchup will yell at you about there being no object intersections ::)
Maverick

handofomega

I have never had it say that to me.  If both objects occupy the same space then when I have highlighted the rectangle it usually intersects for me just fine.

timegalaxy5

Aug 09, 2011, 03:24 pm #4 Last Edit: Aug 09, 2011, 03:45 pm by timegalaxy5
thanks guys, i will try it out and see if it works for me, that shape is the only one in sketchup that i can not make.....Actually i only found out just recently that if you type something when you have the hexagon like "5s" then it gives you five sides and makes a pentagon....but anyway, i will try it and see what happens....

timegalaxy5

(Some time later) and it worked! after about 20 minutes trying to get the cut off at the right place i wanted
--------------------------TIMEGALAXY5------------------------