Apr 20, 2024, 01:10 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Rich's Build

Started by superrichi1a, Jul 13, 2011, 06:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Aug 29, 2013, 03:23 pm #60 Last Edit: Aug 29, 2013, 03:23 pm by galacticprobe
Is that my St. John's graphic on your plate? Or did you find that one somewhere else? It looks really good so if it's not mine, then I've got some tweaking to do!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

superrichi1a

Woops, sorry yes thats your's! Sorry I forgot to credit you, just totally flew out of my head!
It does look incredible and I'm very thankful you shared it with me :) Well done!
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

galacticprobe

Aug 30, 2013, 10:03 pm #62 Last Edit: Aug 30, 2013, 10:07 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: superrichi1a on Aug 29, 2013, 06:34 pm
Woops, sorry yes thats your's! Sorry I forgot to credit you, just totally flew out of my head!

No biggie, Richard. I know this may sound strange, but while I thought it looked familiar, as you could tell from my question I thought it looked better than mine did - which is very strange since it was mine and I didn't completely recognize it! (Paraphrasing Dr. "Bones" McCoy: "My brain is gone!")

Although, I guess one could write it off as me having never seen one on someone's build, up close, where it looked better than I ever imagined it would look. It's that old "in theory vs. in practice" thing; "in theory", I thought I did a decent job of recreating the Series 5 SJA logo; "in practice" when it's actually on someone's box, I think it's the box that brings out its full potential.

So I guess it's safe to say "Thank you, Richard, for having built a box that makes my logo look better than I ever thought it would!" Without your box, my logo is nothing. And that is one amazing box you've got there! (I'm still drooling over it!)

Dino. (And thanks!)
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

superrichi1a

Thanks for that! :) You should certainly be proud, the logo really does look great! When I was in the building stage I had a print out of one that I found on Google images, and I laminated it and stuck it on the unpainted door just for a bit of fun. It actually never looked that good though, it was a bit pixelated and the writing around the outside was to the wrong scale. When you sent me a copy of yours I was actually quite amazed at how rubbish it made mine look! I said earlier in the thread that having a logo plate as opposed to a sticker was something I was always going to do - actually that's a simplified version of events - yes, it was something I always wanted, but towards the end of the build when my budget was starting to feel the pinch I had just decided to make my own sticker to save money. I used your graphic for that one and tested it, and at that point thought "no, I don't want to let this down, I'm going back to using a plate", so I rang up the sign maker and asked them if they could whip one up for me in time for the collection of my door sign the next day, I emailed them your graphic to use and next day I collected the finished plate. Very glad I did that, and to tell you the truth, the only reason that the logo is still on my build, the only reason that I haven't altered the windows to the blue strut/cloudy glass combination with no SJA sign, is because I love that sign too damn much since I put the plate in place on my final day of building!
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

galacticprobe

Aug 31, 2013, 01:39 pm #64 Last Edit: Aug 31, 2013, 01:41 pm by galacticprobe
(I'm totally speechless, and that's saying something!)

:o, :), :D, 8), ;D, ;)!

Dino.

Volpone

I suspect I'm using your graphic as well although mine is just a homemade sticker and I've really dirtied it down. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

superrichi1a

Hello again innocent civilians. I realise I've posted a LOOOT of pictures lately but, hey, whilst I've got new things to show - isn't that what a gallery is for? ;)
Had a garden party last night, where in homage to the other builders who have done such things, by TARDIS doubled as a BARDIS for an evening!

Party 3.JPG Part 1.JPG

The BARDIS was a big hit and the new neighbours, until yesterday unknowing of my collection, were very excited!

I also got a rare opportunity to grab a photo of how the TARDIS looks from the other side of the hedge!

Party 2.JPG

superrichi1a

Prepare for another truckload ::)

Looking at Geminitimelord's excellent snow shot I came to realise that, despite intentions to do so, I've never actually posted any of my own! So, in a feat of time-travel, I now take you back to one year into the past, hitching a ride hiding under M.D's console obviously, and some snow pics!

HPIM1588.JPG S5000532.JPG

Secondly some new pictures taken with a new camera - with the nights drawing in I have more opportunity to light the thing up.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG Rainbow.JPG

Thanks for looking and happy Halloween! Just had great fur tricking trick or treaters by charging down the drive at them in our Genesis Dalek!

Pumpkin.JPG

DoctorWho8

Your TARDIS was blessed by a rainbow!
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

superrichi1a

Thanks! Yeah that was a bit of a moment seeing that - just came out of the garage one afternoon a couple of weeks ago and there was that image in front of me, that was a bit of a quick pic taken on my phone ;D
What you can't really see in the picture that well (you can sort of see what I mean if you try), was that the way the light was shining on the trees made it look as if the light was funnelling out of the lamp glinting in the sun, then stretching up and forming the rainbow. It made it look like the TARDIS was shooting the rainbow onto the sky :o Ahh, the funny things we see in the world sometimes ;)

superrichi1a

Just a little late Happy Christmas message to the forum! :)
This was how my box looked on Christmas Eve, after a little sleet:

EVE.JPG

superrichi1a

Apr 22, 2014, 12:23 pm #71 Last Edit: Apr 22, 2014, 12:30 pm by superrichi1a
A couple of Easter photos, over half a year since the repaint, and it's hanging in there much better than either of the other looks have!

image.jpg

Was also having a play around with filters, looks quite eerie I think :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

galacticprobe

Apr 23, 2014, 05:47 am #72 Last Edit: Apr 23, 2014, 05:47 am by galacticprobe
Very nice! That first color photo, with that weathering, makes her look like she stepped right off the set of "The Snowmen"! (Not sure if you planned it that way, but she looks totally amazing.)

Dino.

superrichi1a

Thanks for such a nice comment :) I hadn't really thought about it like that but I see what you mean, too bad my bad my messing up of the dimensions let's it down eh? :P

galacticprobe

Apr 24, 2014, 04:53 am #74 Last Edit: Apr 24, 2014, 04:56 am by galacticprobe
Not in the least. She still looks fine. (And when has any screen-used TARDIS prop - model or full-scale - gotten her dimensions right? ;))

Dino.