Apr 18, 2024, 03:40 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

My Son's Tardis Console MK II

Started by tmdad, Feb 04, 2011, 08:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Jul 15, 2011, 09:55 pm #15 Last Edit: Jul 15, 2011, 09:55 pm by galacticprobe
I like the way you've managed to sneak in a Tricorder from the most recent 'Trek' movie. Those lights on the side of the brushed stainless bin give it the illusion of being tapered, at least it does in that one photo with the kids gathered around the console. And the top of your rotor, with those tubes and lights looks positively dazzling! (The BBC design department should have done something like that with the current Smith console, although it would also have fit in well with the Classic late Tom Baker/Peter Davison console rotor if they'd thought of it back then.)

But as far as what Superrichi1a said, I agree with everything up to the part where you say "a sense of adult decorum stops you." I say in response: I may grow old, but I will never "grow up". (Ask my wife; it never stops me. ;))

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Rassilons Rod

Jul 16, 2011, 07:11 am #16 Last Edit: Jul 17, 2011, 09:42 am by rassilonsrod
Having the old screwdriver in the top reminds me of the 2nd Doctor's recorder dropping into the force-field generator in Three Doctors :D
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

celation

Really love that time column! I like the Pertwee/Baker inspiration showing through there.

Oh - and superrichi1a and Dino - agree totally.  ;D

davidnagel

Oh wow, unsurprisingly that is coming out rather well!
Regards
David

dcooling

I love your time rotor - very creative & it's beautiful in its own right; appears to me like an evolution on existing doctor who tardises, so kudos on the build. Great work!