Apr 26, 2024, 11:44 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

4-H Fair Project Tardis

Started by merry, Jul 05, 2011, 10:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rassilons Rod

Great work on this box, I'm looking forward to seeing it in all it's un-shadowed glory :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

merry

I had to make an emergency trip home to fetch an amp for an electronics project, but since woodworking judging is happening right about now, it's finally safe to show-and-tell.  She had to do a whole lot to pull it all together these past two days, and I'll post those details later (after some much-needed sleep).

Here's my daughter's Tardis!  She is magnificent!

Closeup.jpg

InCupboard.jpg

deck5

That's one to be proud of, to be sure!

exleo

Outstanding! This is a truly Beautiful model made with incredible Craftsmanship (Crafts-woman-ship), and deserves to be marked as high as is possible! I am Certain there are not many 13 year olds this side of the pond that could turn out such a precise fine crafted wooden piece of art and certainly in such a short space of time. You must be incredibly proud of your talented Daughter, and you should be proud of yourselves as Parents in being able to teach your Daughter these skills so ably.... And you can tell her the finished result was worth suffering those days of 'Tragical' nails for!!  Congratulations :)

lorisarvendu

Fantastic!  A real labour of love (and nails).

Well done to your daughter from me and I'm sure the rest of the board.

Now get some shots in the Gallery!

geminitimelord

awesome final product.

Excited to hear how it went in the Judging. But Most Definately a great job.

merry

Thanks for the encouraging comments--daughter is reading them all. 

We just got home from checking results and she did have a Blue Ribbon and Best of Class so she was quite pleased.  But was really fun was seeing people's reactions when they spotted it--very enthusiastic.  They also couldn't keep their hands off of it.   It's displayed on a narrow table and after seeing a young kiddo try and pull the doors open, she decided some Do Not Touch signs were a must.

DoctorWho8

Well, the door sign does mislead, a bit. ;)  Well done.  I shall tell my people about this and try to amass a visit to this box this weekend.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

DoctorWho8

For those of you in Central Illinois, the fair goes through this Sunday.  It's only $6 to get into the fair for adults.  More details, see http://www.mcleancountyfair.org.

geminitimelord

If your Daughter ever wants to see a full size box and you are ever in the Quad Cities area I live in Moline.  You are more than welcome to visit and get some photos anytime. Usually people just ring the door asking permission to go back and see the TARDIS lol.

merry

Here's one more shot from the fair display--you can probably see it all better here than that cupboard shot. Display4.JPG

DoctorWho8

Oh yeah, all those stools pale in comparison to a blue box.