News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Triangle Pattern Walls

Started by Rassilons Rod, Jun 18, 2011, 05:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

the doctor who2

Aug 17, 2014, 12:13 pm #15 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2014, 12:24 pm by the doctor who2
Its been a little while since this was updated,
I'm currently working in BBC at moment and i was flicking through a catalogue they use for stock materials, one they have used for a number of years and guess what i found; (Bottom Right)

viewer.png

The thing is i guarantee there are more panels that was actually used in other episodes throughout Doctor Who, i'm sure on one of the episodes Four till Doomsday some of the panels in the space ship were sourced from here.

Heres the website if you wish to have a flick through

http://www.peterevansstudios.co.uk/scenic-embellishment/

so lespaceplie's original thought
Quote from: lespaceplie on Jun 26, 2011, 12:32 pm
I always thought this was some sort of standard industrial material because of it appearing over and over. Evidently not.
There are some other surfaces that make just as many appearances that we could probably identify. I'll have to produce some screen caps to expand this.

Is true

If you check out Page 45 of the Catalogue you'll find the tapered squares used for the microfilm in the Ark in Space Episodes and the vac formed people in the chamber is very similar to the bodies on Page 4. Check it out see what you think :)
"There's no point being GROWN UP if you can't be CHILDISH sometimes!"

The Fourth Doctor - Robot, S12 E01

Rassilons Rod

Very cool :)  Any chance of a scan of that page?
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

davidnagel

Nice. This place is down the road from me. I should consider visiting one day soon.
Regards
David

Mark

There is some very nice stuff on those pages, some seem familiar but not sure from where.

Might be a fun way to pass the time to try and spot what other items have been used on Who.

I'm not far from your "mail box", I'm at Ruddington/West Bridgeford.

DoctorWho8

Don't we have a thread about this pattern several years ago?  I think it's under like "Adric's Room" or something like that.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Rassilons Rod

Quote from: DoctorWho8 on Aug 18, 2014, 08:02 pm
Don't we have a thread about this pattern several years ago?  I think it's under like "Adric's Room" or something like that.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Well it was 2011 when I started this thread. Brian Taylor did the season 19 console room (including Adric's room) in 3D at some stage though. Maybe that's what you remember.
Public Enema Number One.

warmcanofcoke

Aug 06, 2017, 09:26 am #21 Last Edit: Aug 06, 2017, 09:33 am by warmcanofcoke
Shots from Red Dwarf

Season 07 Episode 03 - Ouroboros
Red Dwarf 001.jpg

Season 07 Episode 05 - Blue
Red Dwarf 002.jpgRed Dwarf 003.jpg

Just noticed this.

10th Doctor: Human design. You've got a thing about kits. This place was put together like a flat pack wardrobe, only bigger. And easier.
[The Impossible Planet]
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

Volpone

I'll have to check, but I thought these were in a First Doctor serial too. I want to say "Keys of Marinus."
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

Rassilons Rod

They were designed on a Pertwee serial. There's an extra on one of the DVDs :)

See the early posts here ;)

Quote from: Volpone on Aug 06, 2017, 06:38 pm
I'll have to check, but I thought these were in a First Doctor serial too. I want to say "Keys of Marinus."
Public Enema Number One.

Volpone

Aug 07, 2017, 03:56 am #24 Last Edit: Aug 07, 2017, 04:02 am by warmcanofcoke
I guess I'll blame the resolution on my little old TV.  Here's the image I was thinking of.  Close, but no cigar.  https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/976x549_b/p0110fgg.jpg

p0110fgg.jpg
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

davidnagel

I think those from Keys are actually the studio exterior doors
Regards
David