Apr 20, 2024, 07:30 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

11th Doctor's (Season 32) Corridor

Started by the doctor who2, Jun 10, 2011, 07:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

the doctor who2

Jun 10, 2011, 07:36 pm Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012, 11:07 pm by Scarfwearer
Now i've got some spare time on my hands, i thought it would be fun to make part of the TARDIS Corridor from this series ;D. i started everything off with a simple Google Sketch-up model for the segments of the corridor and have started with the main section. Since theres no information about the dimensions i had to use best guess and a simple reference image with Amy in front of doorway, this one:

DW_60x4_The_Doctor_s_Wife_366.jpg

Since Amy's about 6ft used that a basis for my calculations, and so created this:

amy to corridor scale1.png

amy to corridor scale5.png

amy to corridor scale3.png

I started the model yesterday and i've got this far:

Picture2.jpg

Picture3.jpg

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

Picture6.jpg

Picture7.jpg

Since i don't have a Amy Pond figurine to check the size i had to use my 11th Doctor figure, and to me looks about right compared with the image above.

Picture8.jpg

I'll keep you informed on how it goes.  :)
"There's no point being GROWN UP if you can't be CHILDISH sometimes!"

The Fourth Doctor - Robot, S12 E01

DoctorWho8

That's looking mighty nice.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

the doctor who2

Jun 13, 2011, 11:08 am #2 Last Edit: Jun 13, 2011, 11:41 am by the doctor who2
Quote from: DoctorWho8 on Jun 11, 2011, 02:52 am
That's looking mighty nice.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Thanks for those words of encouragement Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff  :)

Well its slowly progressed over the weekend i've stuck the rectangular pieces to the interior of the walls and gave it a undercoat of white, to make it all the same colour, and then a coating of light grey. Heres what it looked like before the undercoat,

Picture17.jpg

Picture16.jpg

Heres the walls with the undercoats,

Picture15.jpg

Picture14.jpg

The whole model frame has been made from 5mm foamboard and the details, the circles and rectangles have been made from cardboard, this makes it very easy to paint. Now the undercoats have been sorted i've started painting it, the slight problem i had choosing the colours was it is hard to see what the colours are since most of the corridor in the episode is very dark and being lit green doesn't help, but i think i've got it as close as possible.

Picture10.jpg

Picture9.jpg

Picture12.jpg

Picture13.jpg

Heres a close up shot just to show the colours i've chosen, i also distressed it slightly at the base,

Picture11.jpg

At the moment i've only painted half the model and there is still a bit of fine tuning to be done with what i've currently done. it's slowly coming together  :)

Kingpin

Looking exceptionally nice, who 2.  :)

A corridor section, or even the "significant" one Amy experienced could make quite a nice diorama.

the doctor who2

Jul 11, 2011, 07:11 pm #4 Last Edit: Jul 11, 2011, 07:12 pm by the doctor who2
WOW has it really been that long since i last posted, it's in serious need of a update.

Quote from: Kingpin on Jun 13, 2011, 11:43 am
A corridor section, or even the "significant" one Amy experienced could make quite a nice diorama.

I've been thinking whilst I've been making the arcs and I've been slowly going towards wanting to make a Kill Amy corridor section, it would make it a lot more interesting. ill have to see how the rest of the model turns out.
Ive completely painted one of the arc sections and added the finishing touches,

Picture31.jpg

Picture32.jpg

I've decided to leave the back section unpainted since it won't be seen from the back only the front,

Picture34.jpg

I've also made two more arc pieces which need the indentations putting onto it and then painted,

Picture30.jpg

Picture35.jpg

ill keep you informed of any developments  :)